Ive dropped 30 lbs

DaveG99

Going on a cruise May 14th. I started this diet on Feb 1st. Our office is doing a weight loss contest. We each put in $10 to the pot and every monday morning we weight in. Every week we add $2 gain or lose. Plus $3 per pound gained and $0 for losing. Its a percentage of weight lost contest. I think we have 10 people in this contest and the pot should be up around $500. Contest ends April 30th and Im in contention for winning.

Im 35 years old and I started at 293 pounds. I have never weighed this much in my entire life. I am a former college football linebacker at UCF and my playing weight was 215lbs. That is my goal. I have lost 30 lbs in two months (Im 263 lbs today). Im figuring Ill be 250lbs by cruise time.

What I did to lose the weight:

portion control- no more large portions

Changed what I eat- I eat lots of fish and chicken and veggies. no sweets, fried food, and very little red meat. I snack on carrots and celery with light sour creme ranch dip. And rice cakes (30 calorie kind)

Exercise- I jog or at least fast walk 1-2 miles 3 times a week.

I use a nike running GPS app to track my exercise and I use the my fitness pal app to track my calories.

Losing weight isnt complicated at all. Its one of the simplest things on earth. The hard thing is keeping on the diet. After a while you dont even crave the bad foods anymore.

It sure feels good to be able to sit down and not be uncomfortable because my belly being tight on my pants.

:) Keep up the good work, I know a few people who could benefit from your knowledge. Our work was going to do a weight loss program at the begining of the year so certain people I work with are still waiting to diet because if they are going to put an effort into losing weight they are going to get money for it. I didn't want to wait and now I am 14 pounds lighter. :) A little extra cruising money always comes in handy. ;) Good luck on making your goal.

• 2 weeks later...
Going on a cruise May 14th. I started this diet on Feb 1st. Our office is doing a weight loss contest. We each put in $10 to the pot and every monday morning we weight in. Every week we add $2 gain or lose. Plus $3 per pound gained and $0 for losing. Its a percentage of weight lost contest. I think we have 10 people in this contest and the pot should be up around $500. Contest ends April 30th and Im in contention for winning.

Im 35 years old and I started at 293 pounds. I have never weighed this much in my entire life. I am a former college football linebacker at UCF and my playing weight was 215lbs. That is my goal. I have lost 30 lbs in two months (Im 263 lbs today). Im figuring Ill be 250lbs by cruise time.

What I did to lose the weight:

portion control- no more large portions

Changed what I eat- I eat lots of fish and chicken and veggies. no sweets, fried food, and very little red meat. I snack on carrots and celery with light sour creme ranch dip. And rice cakes (30 calorie kind)

Exercise- I jog or at least fast walk 1-2 miles 3 times a week.

I use a nike running GPS app to track my exercise and I use the my fitness pal app to track my calories.

Losing weight isnt complicated at all. Its one of the simplest things on earth. The hard thing is keeping on the diet. After a while you dont even crave the bad foods anymore.

It sure feels good to be able to sit down and not be uncomfortable because my belly being tight on my pants.

Awesome!!! Keep up your hard work!

Right you are! Losing weight is a very simple formula. "Less in" & "more out". It's the due diligence that takes hard work and commitment. It is an 'every moment' of 'every day' thing. It's such a good feeling when you can slide on something that used to either not fit or be so tight that it was unbearable to wear.

Congratulations on all you've accomplished thus far and good luck on making your ultimate goal(s)!

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.... :D

Boy are you making me feel better! I have NEVER been overweight in my life... Until now! I had major surgery which had significantly limited my activity level. Now that I'm ready to go,after 1 week of power walking 1-2 miles per day, I dislocated my knee and have been back to square 1 again.

Today, I started again...diet and exercise. Your tips are great!

In 200 days, I need to be rid of at least 50 pounds! I'm counting on you to keep helping me out!!! Thanks in advance!!

:D

PeaceLoveCruise

Today was the final weigh in. I weighed in at 247.8 I started at 292.7. Thats 44.9 lbs! I won the contest. Im ahead of my cruise time weight goal but thats OK! I want to drop another 35lbs.

Today was the final weigh in. I weighed in at 247.8 I started at 292.7. Thats 44.9 lbs! I won the contest. Im ahead of my cruise time weight goal but thats OK! I want to drop another 35lbs.

Congrats Dave! Isn't myfitnesspal.com wonderful? I started using the app this week and it simplifies things. Much better than WW!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Archived