SPRING sale.

BBMacLaird

That figures, we just booked yesterday for 2/9/17 on the Quest.

Rebook! We booked the 2016 Norwegian Fjords cruise when it first came out under the previous BOGOHO deal, and found that the later offers never came close. Prices are up slightly, but this is the best deal Azamara offers.

Rebook! We booked the 2016 Norwegian Fjords cruise when it first came out under the previous BOGOHO deal, and found that the later offers never came close. Prices are up slightly, but this is the best deal Azamara offers.

As a solo traveller, I can't agree!

There is a 2017 cruise we have been eyeing and waiting on this deal. Well, they raised the prices over $800 per person on the cabin we were looking at first before offering this deal. So, still a deal, but it only saves just over $1000 which is the same we would have gotten on the earlier deals with the $1,000 choice air credit. Just a different form of marketing...

The price for our Quest sailing in 2016 hasn't gone up.

However, the "balcony for the cost of an inside" promotion we previously booked under is still a bit less expensive than this BOGOHO offer.

Not so sure it is really a bargain. Had been looking at a 2017 sailing. Prices in Aus$ mid March Ins $6632, Oce $7222, Bal $8152. Yesterday 1/4 Ins $8579, Oce $9169, Bal $10099. Almost $2000 increase per person in each catagory. If prices had remained the same would have booked today, but alas no.

It varies voyage by voyage. We have some newly added 150% and plenty of 125% fares for singles.

Thanks Bonnie - is there any way of knowing which cruises are offered at 150% supplement?

We booked that one with the double upgrade. I'll have to check prices and see if we can do better.

We booked that one with the double upgrade. I'll have to check prices and see if we can do better.

Sorry, already checked and our cruise is not on the list of cruises' eligible for the promotion. Hope you can find different as would love to get the discount.

Sorry, already checked and our cruise is not on the list of cruises' eligible for the promotion. Hope you can find different as would love to get the discount.

Not a problem, Dave. I just checked the price and the base price per person is now over $2,000 higher even if it were on the list. I'm just happy I booked when I did, although I will look at the cruises on sale. Who knows...I may find a great deal on one that we would be interested in.

For those cruises that qualify, it seems that the 2016 cruises offer better value, under this promotion, than do the 2017 cruises. As others have noted, the promotion sounds good until one sees that the pricing overall has been increased.

Thanks Bonnie - is there any way of knowing which cruises are offered at 150% supplement?

Here are 2015 departures that have the 150% singles fare (aka 50% supplement):

JOURNEY

10/21

11/1

11/10

12/11

QUEST

11/3

12/12

We have two 2016 cruises booked on the previous BOGOHO offer, one is now sold out in our grade(N2) but the price of the other has increased substancially. For our 2017 Journey booking made with the previous offer, and booked onboard again for a N2 grade the price we have is again well below the current BOGOHO price and we have $1200 OBC! Just shows that early booking can work out best.

However for our other 2017 booking we took the upgrade option and got a VX grade for the price of an Outside, so I asked our TA to price up a N2 on the latest offer, this is a change we have made prevoiusly when the last BOGOHO offer was made. He has just been told, presumably by Guatemala that this offer is for new bookings only and if we want to upgrade we would have to pay the price in force when we made the original booking, not sure this is correct Bonnie you may want to comment on this one?

On the plus side we fly to Dubai tomorrow to join Quest on Monday for 18 glorious days:D:D

We have two 2016 cruises booked on the previous BOGOHO offer, one is now sold out in our grade(N2) but the price of the other has increased substancially. For our 2017 Journey booking made with the previous offer, and booked onboard again for a N2 grade the price we have is again well below the current BOGOHO price and we have $1200 OBC! Just shows that early booking can work out best.

However for our other 2017 booking we took the upgrade option and got a VX grade for the price of an Outside, so I asked our TA to price up a N2 on the latest offer, this is a change we have made prevoiusly when the last BOGOHO offer was made. He has just been told, presumably by Guatemala that this offer is for new bookings only and if we want to upgrade we would have to pay the price in force when we made the original booking, not sure this is correct Bonnie you may want to comment on this one?

On the plus side we fly to Dubai tomorrow to join Quest on Monday for 18 glorious days:D:D

Yes, that is typically the way it is with new special offers. If you want the new special promo, you pay the current available fare. You can't mix & match fares and promotions. It's whatever is in the computer on the day you/your agent cancels and rebooks.

Yes, that is typically the way it is with new special offers. If you want the new special promo, you pay the current available fare. You can't mix & match fares and promotions. It's whatever is in the computer on the day you/your agent cancels and rebooks.

Has this changed? In the past we have been able to make one free change to the booking at Discoverer level without having to cancel and rebook. We have done this with both Azamara and Celebrity, obviously you lose any benefit that came with the original booking so it effectively becomes a new booking under the current promotion but with the existing booking reference and deposit.

Has this changed? In the past we have been able to make one free change to the booking at Discoverer level without having to cancel and rebook. We have done this with both Azamara and Celebrity, obviously you lose any benefit that came with the original booking so it effectively becomes a new booking under the current promotion but with the existing booking reference and deposit.

Hmmm, let me run this one up the flagpole. I'm not familiar with this exception you mention but I'm not in Reservations so perhaps I am mistaken. Let me get back to you.

While you are running things up the flagpole Bonnie, have no clue where in your published terms and conditions this "typical" way for new special offers exists.

From what I have read and quoted below from your website is the Best Price Guarantee. Nothing about cancelling and rebooking or paying the current available fare, etc.

Normally you can't make changes in a "typical" manner. They need to follow the published terms and conditions.

What is the Azamara Club Cruises' Best Price Guarantee? Azamara Club Cruises' Price Guarantee ensures that you will enjoy the lowest advertised rate on your cruise fare and your preferred promotional offer. If a lower cruise fare or different promotional offer advertised to the general public is found and your booking meets certain requirements, you may request to have that savings or promotion applied to your booking (savings options vary by whether the request is submitted before or after the final payment due date).

To apply for your onboard credit, Submit the claim form here

For a request submitted on or before the due date of final payment, the following applies: Request for a Lower Cruise Fare Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer Azamara Club Cruises will reduce cruise fare to available prevailing cruise fare. If full payment has been made, a refund will be issued. Azamara Club Cruises will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare. NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refund or exchange will be given on a promotion offer (added value).

NOTE: an Added Value Offer refers to an amenity added to your booking, such as an onboard credit, specialty dining, shore excursion, etc.

For a request submitted after the due date of final payment AND the booking is within 48 hours from creation, the following applies: Request for a Lower Cruise Fare Request to Add or Change an Added Value Offer Azamara Club Cruises will apply an onboard credit to the booking in the amount of 110% of the difference in price. Azamara Club Cruises will 1) apply an Added Value Offer to booking and 2) go to prevailing eligible cruise fare. NOTE: If either the new cruise fare or Added Value Offer is not combinable with any promotion associated with the existing booking, or changes are being made outside of promotional booking window, the existing promotion will be removed from the booking. No refunds will be made within final payment.

No refunds will be given within penalty period. Request for changes made within penalty period and after 48 hours from creation, are subject to cancellation penalty if any changes are made.

Thanks Bonnie,

This is exactly what we, or to be precise our TA, has done in the past. Before we were Elite / Discoverer there was a £35pp admin fee but now we are allowed one free change per booking. We did in fact change promotion on the Quest cruise we are about to embark on when we changed from the UK version of the $1000 upgrade offer to BOGOHO, and on our next Celebrity cruise in June from free flights to 123Go both without any problem.

If you are a single cruiser, does that mean you get a 50% supplement instead of 100%?

Here's a case where your query is bringing change! I asked yesterday for you and was first told there were a handful of BOGOHO voyages with 50% supplement for singles. Today I'm hearing they are applying the 50% across the board on all BOGOHO sailings :)

I'm not sure if they are in the computer system yet so I hope I'm not jumping the gun. Just wanted you to know your questions and feedback are being listened to :D

Here's a case where your query is bringing change! I asked yesterday for you and was first told there were a handful of BOGOHO voyages with 50% supplement for singles. Today I'm hearing they are applying the 50% across the board on all BOGOHO sailings :)

I'm not sure if they are in the computer system yet so I hope I'm not jumping the gun. Just wanted you to know your questions and feedback are being listened to :D

While I am not a single passenger and hope to never be, I do have a question about the single supplement in this case and where the supplement is 100%.

Azamara is discounting the fare for a couple to 150% of the normal fare and that is a very reasonable promotion. You now state that a single will pay the same 150% for their cruise. I seems to me that the single person will use about 50% of the couple in terms of food, drink, and other items that have a cost such that it seems that the single fare might be fairer if it were somewhat less than the 150% and Azamara would cover the same fixed costs as well as make the same profit that they do when a couple is occupying the cabin.

While none of us could possibly come up with the exact cost for a single am sure Azamara could. Don't want to impact Azamara profitability in any case but, seems like single pricing could be a bit less than the 150% without impacting profitability at all. This also would apply to 200% premiums for a single and that could likely be reduced without impacting profitability.

Some food for thought for the head shed.

Thanks,