Baltic area weather in July?

Hi we are sailing on the voyager on the 17th july to the Baltic Countries . Can anyone give us any ideas on what to expect weather wise or is it a case of pack for all eventualities?

Baggage limitations are a pain as my wife likes to take everything. We were £70 excess on our way back from our last cruise...

Thanks Alec

I would just assume temperate to warm weather. The only time I was in the Baltic, they were having a heat wave and it was over 30 degrees most days. That was in Lithuania, in early July. Of course, on the water, you'll have breezes. Since you're from Scotland, you're used to changing weather. :D (Oh, you're not metric, are you--that's mid-80's F.)

July is probably just about the best month for weather in the Baltics. You should expect temperatures to be in the high teens or low twenties Celsius. If you are unlucky, you could get low teens. On the other hand, you might get up to about 30 Celsius. Expect some rain as well.

Your wife is going to have to take everything. We were on this cruise 1st week of August last year. Copenhagen, Visby and Stockholm were warm. I wore cotton skirt and walking shorts. Tallinn was very damp and cool--needed a jacket. St Petersburg was very windy one day which made it feel cold, but the other 2 days were temperate. I wore slacks and a light jacket on those days. Helsinki was pouring rain and cool--needed full rain gear.

Thanks everyone . It looks like we will be packing all sorts but hopefully as we are only going for a week I can curb her enthusiasm on the packing front.

We are hardy sorts us Scots as we dont know from one day to the next what the weather will be so I think we will survive and as my wife has to keep out of strong sun this sounds just about right.

We have had metrication here for a long time but I suppose its an age thing but I can still tell how hot it will be better in farenheit than centigrade.

Thanks again Alec

Oh Alec, I'm sorry. I thought the UK was still imperial, mostly. I seem to remember miles instead of kilometres the last time I was there. Or is Scotland different? We've been metric since 1970 so that leaves me in the middle. But living next to the US, goods involving weights and measure are usually dual. Firmly kilometres and celsius now, and I have that mostly figured out (I know that 30 degrees is fairly hot, but I had to calculate it in my head that this is 86F!)

Hope your trip is memorable and the weather perfect!

We Brits are partly metric but still partly imperial - a right mixture. Still use miles rather than kilometres but litres, rather than gallons (very difficuly to work out mpg in the car!). Except of course for beer, where we still use the pint.

Temperatures are Celsius (but it isn't any warmer than when we were using Fahrenheit). Weights are in metric.

Archived