sloths in limon

boaterette

• 2 weeks later...
We did a 6 in 1 excursion that was very nice. In addition to seeing them in the wild, they stopped at an animal rehab center where you could actually hold one if you wished.

What excursion was that? You said it was 6 in1 what else did you see or do? We are going to be visiting Limon in March 2016 and want to be sure we " see it all".

we were supposed to be on the usual 6 in 1 with Your Lucky Tours in 2 weeks. See my other posting with information from the owner, but the short versions is, the Wildlife Sanctuary has been forced to close because their land is being expropriated.

• 3 weeks later...
we were supposed to be on the usual 6 in 1 with Your Lucky Tours in 2 weeks. See my other posting with information from the owner, but the short versions is, the Wildlife Sanctuary has been forced to close because their land is being expropriated.

We used Eduardo on March 17 and he was great. Because the Wildlife Sanctuary has been closed, we went to Jaguar Rescue Center. It is a longer ride, but a great place to visit. Eduardo provided a great service and tour - and was very prompt and helpful. We stopped at a banana plantation on the way back to the canal ride. During the canal ride Eduardo and the boat guide were able to point out sloths, monkeys, snakes, crocodile, many species of birds - it was fantastic.

I would not hesitate to recommend Eduardo! You will have a great time - just be prepared for a longer ride to Jaguar.

Cindy

We just returned from our cruise. Eduardo and I decided to substitute a jungle hike instead of the wildlife sanctuary. It was hot, but good. Not for those who don't like to exert themselves. We still did the canal cruise, the banana plantation, a fruit stand, and ended the tour at a lookout point where there is a restaurant.

I spoke with Eduardo and he indicated that the wildlife sanctuary won their legal challenge against the government (but I may have understood him - it could have just been that they have FILED a lawsuit).

I would highly recommend Eduardo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does Princess have an excursion that includes the sloth sanctuary? Looking at their current listing of available excursions, the sloth sanctuary is listed as a highlight, but I can't find it included in any of the tours listed.