Live from the 2015 QE World Voyage

Scrapnana

As you might know, the departure of QE on her World Voyage has been delayed due to high winds. As I type this, QE is slowly making her way back from Hamburg. Her ETA is 3-3:30 PM.

Those of us embarking are requested to go to St. Mary's Stadium where food drink, and entertainment will be provided. When all are finished disembarking, buses will take us to Ocean Terminal. There will be open seating in all restaurants and although not mentioned, I'm sure it will be a casual night. Scheduled departure is 10PM.

I, unfortunately, will only be going to Fort Lauderdale but I am hoping some of those on our roll call will post throughout the World Voyage.

Eleven of us from the roll call met tonight at Ennio's. It was great to meet new friends as well as to catch up with former cruising friends.

Those on Q503, please post from time to time! Looking forward to meeting many of you at our Sunday meet and greet.

Edited by Scrapnana

We'll be following along as we did last year for your world cruise. We'll be back on QE for over a month this summer so we'd love to read your impressions of the changes since her dry dock. Safe sailing and enjoy being back on board.

Patti

Will be following your journey Kathy. Keep us upto date. Very jealous you all met at Ennios. It brought back memories and so glad you all had a lovely time. Have a great crossing.

HI you two. You could have come down and joined us last night you know. He he. So great to see Kathi and John and Andrea last night.

Regards

Pat

Just after 6pm they started calling letters for transport to the ship. "A" and "B" have been called. I am in group "I". My next post should be from the ship when the Internet is up and running.

Hah, caught you! You went straight for dinner;-)

Have a wonderful journey!

We were called to the bus at about seven and I was in my stateroom just before eight (long queues to check in and go through security but they went much faster than normal). Went to dinner and then wandered around the ship looking for changes since the drydock.

Muster drill was at 10:30. Afterwards I sat in the Lido waiting for sail-away.

We pulled away at about 12:24 (that's when I first noticed movement). The rain had stopped and the stars were out. Went out by the Lido pool but didn't stay long. Came back and unpacked. Read the Daily Programme and then finally found the directions to log in to the Internet.

We get an extra hour of sleep tonight.

We were called to the bus at about seven and I was in my stateroom just before eight (long queues to check in and go through security but they went much faster than normal). Went to dinner and then wandered around the ship looking for changes since the drydock.

Muster drill was at 10:30. Afterwards I sat in the Lido waiting for sail-away.

We pulled away at about 12:24 (that's when I first noticed movement). The rain had stopped and the stars were out. Went out by the Lido pool but didn't stay long. Came back and unpacked. Read the Daily Programme and then finally found the directions to log in to the Internet.

We get an extra hour of sleep tonight.

Kathi, so pleased you are now underway. I looked at 00.15 and you were still at the dock. I so enjoyed my day with everyone yesterday. Bon voyage now and can't wait to read your updates. If you see the others from "Room 11" give them my regards. I enjoyed my meal with my friend and we did get to see Queen Mary sail by. I arrived home at 00.10

Regards Pat

Hi everyone...just got back from breakfast in the Lido and it was pretty quiet there. A bit of movement is being felt and the wind is howling. I like wandering around when it is so quiet. I thought I would try to walk on the Promenade but could not budge the door with that wind..oh well, have to try later.;)

Kathi, glad you made it on board. We had "H" so must have got on just prior to you.;) I finally got the internet set up a little while ago so been checking things out.

M&G time changed to 12-1 and I am glad they had that noted in the Daily Programme. See you there!

Hi everyone...just got back from breakfast in the Lido and it was pretty quiet there. A bit of movement is being felt and the wind is howling. I like wandering around when it is so quiet. I thought I would try to walk on the Promenade but could not budge the door with that wind..oh well, have to try later.;)

Kathi, glad you made it on board. We had "H" so must have got on just prior to you.;) I finally got the internet set up a little while ago so been checking things out.

M&G time changed to 12-1 and I am glad they had that noted in the Daily Programme. See you there!

Barbara, great to meet you on Friday night. Sorry I didn't catch up with you at the Stadium. I stayed until 17.30 then had to go off to meet my friend for dinner before driving home. Hope the M & G goes well. Will be thinking of you all. See you in Sydney.

I will look forward to reading all the updates. Have a fantastic time.

The delayed departure must have been tiring at the time - but it makes a story to dine out on! I hope the $50 OBC makes up for it to everyone.

Diane

Edited by fantasy51