Alaska dress code question

tootsiedog

No dressy jeans but you can wear cotton slacks and a nice top (does not have to be dressy but people do dress up for the Captain's Reception and when they dine in Signatures and Prime 7). "No Jeans" is in the daily Passages (Regent's newspaper) just about every day. The dress code is in effect after 6:00 p.m. on all ships in all parts of the world.

Keep in mind that you can wear jeans, shorts, t-shirts, etc. until 6:00 p.m. IMO, this is really an easy dress code to adhere to.

See above post! I agree with Rachel. When my daughter and i did Alaska, instead of jeans, we brought khakis.....Almost as good as jeans, but putting on a cashmere turtleneck and some nice jewelry worked for dinner without a big switcheroo!

I think Regent's dress code is easy to live with. I wore jeans in Alaska, and had no problem throwing on some slacks after 6:00. If they required evening wear, I'd have an issue with that. Regent is easy to understand and easy to follow, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
Wear what you want just no holes. My $200 jeans are just as nice as your $200 dress. It a dark room jeans, slacks what's the diff.

The difference is that Regent asks that you not wear jeans -- whether they cost $1,000 or $20. If you wear jeans (even to a lounge after 6:00 p.m.) you will likely be asked to change. This is mentioned on their website and every day in their newspaper. What is so difficult about wearing a pair of slacks?

The difference is that Regent asks that you not wear jeans -- whether they cost $1,000 or $20. If you wear jeans (even to a lounge after 6:00 p.m.) you will likely be asked to change. This is mentioned on their website and every day in their newspaper. What is so difficult about wearing a pair of slacks?

I don't EVER wear jeans on a cruise even during the day! Rarely wear them at all when I travel. What I was looking for is how dressy it is at night. Where on their web site do I find the dress code? I didn't mean to start a "jeans war". :(

I don't EVER wear jeans on a cruise even during the day!

I think Alaska is the 'jeans cruise' - considering the climate and the excursions most people book, jeans make sense - during the day.

Back on board, I usually changed into khakis or slacks after I got back, just from a comfort standpoint.

PS - I still think it's funny how the jeans discussions always come back to cost. "Why can't I wear my $500 designer jeans? They cost more than your suit!" The dress code doesn't mention the price of your clothing anywhere that I've been able to find...if they get to the point that I have to wear a $2,000 Armani with my $800 Ferragamos just to have dinner, well, it'll be time for me to find a new cruise line! :D

"Sorry, you can't be seated for dinner - your $3,500 Tag Heuer doesn't make the cut - it's Breitling and Rolex night at the Compass Rose. Back to your cabin, knave." Hahahahahahahaha!

UUNetBill: Great post!

I think that the main point here - besides the fact that jeans are not permitted on Regent after 6:00 p.m.*, is that Regent's Dress Code is the same all over the world - on all ships.

*If your Regent excursion arrives back to the ship late (after dinner has started), you may be told that, because there is not really time to shower, dress, etc., that you can wear what you are wearing to dinner. This is one exception - the other is that the last night on board does permit jeans because passengers are packing but only a handful of people dress in jeans.