How to get real luggage tags if you do on-line check in...

If this is old news, please forgive me!! I just completed my on-line check in for the Monarch cruise and on the first page of that check-in is a small box that you can check for the coloured luggage tags. They mail you 8 of them so I checked the box! I haven't noticed this before but this is pretty cool, I hated having to laminate those paper ones.

Lynda

If this is old news, please forgive me!! I just completed my on-line check in for the Monarch cruise and on the first page of that check-in is a small box that you can check for the coloured luggage tags. They mail you 8 of them so I checked the box! I haven't noticed this before but this is pretty cool, I hated having to laminate those paper ones.

Lynda

Hi Lynda,

Thanks, that is news to me. I will check it out.

Colleen

Lynda

Old news or not, lots of us might not have seen this. I didn't.

I appreciate it. ;)

I had not seen that before, either. Thanks for posting this. I made up a couple using the one that is in online docs -- using clear packing tape. I scanned it, added our data, printed out enough so they could be 'two-sided', taped them, punched a hole. Sounds complicated, but it took just minutes to accomplish.

I also requested the 'mail me' ones today -- we sail Oct 11 -- so I'll see how long it takes.

We're covered either way. This, I like!

Lynda

That is interesting- I just did online check in last Thursday for a cruise we just booked, and the order luggage tags was not an option. I just logged into the cruise today to check, and bingo, it's a box at the bottom.

Thanks for posting - I never would have gone back and seen it otherwise!

Garren

Sounds like a great idea. We just came back from a sailing last week and when I checked in and printed my E-docs that was not a choice. The porter asked our room number while I was unloading the car and before I knew it he had tags on all of bags. The problem is he wrote so poorly that it was very difficult to read the room number. While on the ship we saw our bags sitting on a cart on our deck with no other bags. I went to find someone and ask could we get them only to find when we returned about 5 mins later they were gone. It seems they were sent back down and we let Guest Relations know and we finnally got our bags 2 hrs later. Most everyone on our deck got theres much earlier.

ChipA

Not really understanding this thread:confused:You can always do on-line check-in and it has nothing to do with your luggage tags. Luggage tags are part of documentation....if you have documents "mailed" to you, you will have actual tags.....if you choose "electronic" documents, then you will not have actual tags.....but either way you still can do on-line check-in.

Under the "Cruise Documentation" tab, on the right side I have "request luggage" tags also for Oct. 26th cruise.

Do they come with your room number on them? Just wondering because I may change my room if the price drops again.

I had not seen that before, either. Thanks for posting this. I made up a couple using the one that is in online docs -- using clear packing tape. I scanned it, added our data, printed out enough so they could be 'two-sided', taped them, punched a hole. Sounds complicated, but it took just minutes to accomplish.

I also requested the 'mail me' ones today -- we sail Oct 11 -- so I'll see how long it takes.

We're covered either way. This, I like!

We are on the Oct 11th as well and didn't even see that on the on-line check in. I just ordered out tags as well. We are going to try and pack as light as possible with the airlines charging so much for bags. I haven't done the craft project yet. hoping I will get the luggage tags so I won't have to.

Thanks again for letting us know:D

Not really understanding this thread:confused:You can always do on-line check-in and it has nothing to do with your luggage tags. Luggage tags are part of documentation....if you have documents "mailed" to you, you will have actual tags.....if you choose "electronic" documents, then you will not have actual tags.....but either way you still can do on-line check-in.

If you file for documents to be mailed you get tags. if you wish to have them electronic, you have to print it off your set sail documentation and create your own. Below all of our information on the checkin page is a botton to click for ordering tags to be mailed instead of printing our own.

Lynda

Not old news to us.......did not see that when we did our check-in for our upcoming Oct 17th cruise.......

Thanks for the heads up cause I just went and saw that little green box and signed up to have our luggage tags mailed to us......had already made tags but this will be very nice to have and will know to check this box on our next cruises..........

I must remember to READ EVERYTHING from now on and not take anything for granted. :D

Funny .... I sent my TA an email this morning asking about new tags because we changed our stateroom. (her agency had previously sent the B&W printed ones through CruisingPower). She told me to just scratch over the old tags and write in the new stateroom number. I wasn't crazy about that option, because I have read on this board that the GS get special tags. Then I saw this thread and got excited! However, here is what it says at the bottom of my page. :(

LUGGAGE TAGS

We regret that luggage tag mailers are no longer available because your sailing is within 13 days of today. You may secure your luggage tags from our porters once you arrive at the pier.

I guess I will be scratching and applying new numbers. :D Anyone know what color the GS tags are? I might try adding a little colored marked to the tags.

Lynda

Thanks so much, I never noticed that box...just requested our tags for our cruise 3 wks away :cool:

You are all very welcome.....after all the things I've learned from you great CC'ers I'm really glad I decided to post it! From what I gathered, the tags will have your name and stateroom number on them. For the poster who questioned where the "button" is, it's on the very first page you get when you click on the "Online Check-In" link.....kinda small, off to the right.

Lynda

It was new to me also...but unfortunately for me I am within 13 days of sailing too & can't get them...bummer...my TA had requested paper doc's & everyone in our group got them "except" for me... she re-requested them over 3 weeks ago & they were supposed to mail them... never arrived...oh well... I have the tag from our e-doc's, but a bit disappointed that they were promised & never sent...

My question about luggage tags - if you do not book your air flight through RCCL, do you still get luggage tags? Also, if you are flying into your destination a day before your cruise, you take care of you own luggage, correct?

Archived