Earrings in pairs

228THSTREET

I usualy just hook my earrings together, but this is a great idea for post earrings. Thanks for the tip :).

Years ago I learned here to thread necklace chains through drinking straws to avoid tangling. I give this advice to many women looking for travel jewelry holders in the luggage/travel store I work in.

• 2 weeks later...

they hold er's and the small pendsnt that goes with, on mt Omega hook...also I have a zipper bage w/ lift up top for my rings..any LARGE sete go in a 1 qt baggie, then in a shoe box, or similar..I always pack it at the bottom of my roll a board..keep it in the closet, and valuables/rings in the safe. Button idea is a great one as well...bracelets ..several in zippies. I dont wear tiny chain things tho...

I put each pair of earring in little zip lock bags for medications that I get from Walgreen's. Then I put all the little bags in a quart size bag with a zipper closure. It keeps everything organized and the clear bags make it easy to pick out what I want.

How do you pack an Omega necklace? My other jewelry is not a problem as I have a pretty good system, but I need to always have a necklace box for this and it takes up a lot of room in my carry on. And I prefer not wearing it as it is 6 mm and for me, too large for daytime.

How do you pack an Omega necklace? My other jewelry is not a problem as I have a pretty good system, but I need to always have a necklace box for this and it takes up a lot of room in my carry on. And I prefer not wearing it as it is 6 mm and for me, too large for daytime.

I put mine in a Ziplock bag, then wrap soft stuff around the Ziplock bag. Mine isn't 6 mm though :)

I always wrap my necklaces in tissue and slip them in a ziplock bag. That way they don't get tangled and are safe, yet don't take up too much room. My only worry that someone will see the bag full of tissues and throw it away, thinking it is only trash!

I put mine in a Ziplock bag, then wrap soft stuff around the Ziplock bag. Mine isn't 6 mm though :)

Fabulous idea!!!! Thanks. I never thought of that, although I have so many zip lock bags for other packing. You people are brilliant.

• 4 months later...

i use to just pack my jewelry per outfit in ziplocks then label, but recently have discovered the little jewelry plastic bags (sent away for hundreds) but someone on another thread mentioned the medicine ones and i just picked up some of those at walmart.

now i will pack each piece individually in the smaller ones that go into the larger that then go into travel bags that go into my personal carry-on and hubbys.--i always break it up so less metal and less chance of being stopped at security.

My jeweler gave me 'pleather/satin lined' necklace envelopes for my omegas. For travel, I use one that is about 9" x 7" and is perfectly flat. It supports the omega without being bulky.

I always wrap my necklaces in tissue and slip them in a ziplock bag. That way they don't get tangled and are safe, yet don't take up too much room. My only worry that someone will see the bag full of tissues and throw it away, thinking it is only trash!

My SIL lost a really nice pair of diamond earrings this summer. They must have fallen on the floor and been thrown away by the maid at the hotel.

• 6 months later...
Insead of throwing my earrings in a bag and then having to fish them out later. I put each pair through a two-hole button. They stay together and I stay orgainized :)

Just saw this in this month's issue of Real Simple! I am definitely going to try it - I love my jewelry pouch for larger stuff but worry about my earrings popping our of their compartment or rubbing together on the plane...

Several years ago I met a woman who was doing five consecutive cruises--and who was "an earring lady." She showed me a plastic box with many compartments (she could adjust the size of the compartments) in which she had earrings, pins, and rings. The box came from WalMart, and she told me I could find them in both the craft and hardware departments. I've not been to look for one, but reading this thread caused me to remember her most clever idea--and learn even more clever ideas from all of you!

THANKS and HAPPY CRUISING!!

This is brilliant! Not likely to get thrown away accidentally either, like a bag full of what looks like tissues. ;)

Thank you! Yes, the pill box keeps them organized and neat. One pair (two at the most) in each little compartment, takes up very little space, is hard and durable, and cheap! Dollar store!! :D

Another method I use for large, costume jewelry is drawstring bags. The same can be done with ziploc baggies, but I already have a bunch of the drawstring bags from Chico's (my sil gave me quite a few of them several years ago).

When I'm selecting my clothes for travel, I put the jewelry into the bag and hang it around the hanger, right with the outfit. That way, I don't have to try to remember what I chose for specific outfits. All my evening clothes are packed into a rolling garment bag so they are already on hangers.

My expensive jewelry goes into a jewelry folder into my purse, never my carry on. I learned the hard way, my carry on has been taken from me and gate checked twice over the years. You just never know when the overhead bins will be full before you board.

At home I store my earrings in small, multi compartment plastic tackle boxes. I have a few that are about6 x 9" and have loads of individual compartments. I put each pair into a small ziploc and into the plastic box. When we travel, I just take out the pairs of earrings I want to bring.

Easy, organized, safe.... no lost earrings. :)

Archived