Reasonable priced places to eat near Canada Place

We are staying at the Pan Pacific for two nights before our cruise (found good price on the room). Any advice on reasonable priced places to eat for breakfast and dinner near the area? Thanks so much!

To clarify... what is your per person budget for breakfast and dinner?

Otherwise....across the street is the Waterfront hotel's food court. They are the closest cheap eats. Yes there is a Mickey Dee's.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Forums mobile app

I concur that an actual $ range is the best way to get relevant suggestions since one person's 'reasonable' dinner is unaffordable to some or too down-market for others...

Without that clarity, I can suggest that as well as the food court type offerings (Timmies as well as McDs) you are an easy walk from Scoozi's for probably the cheapest sit-down brekky in the area (<$10 choices) and De Dutch pancake house just the other side of the convention centre for more expensive but still very good value (HUGE portions).

Dinner-wise. Cactus Club Cafe at conv centre offers good bang-for-the-buck 'fine dining' and great views, while Tap & Barrel there has revamped their menus to keep them very up-to-date for local pub grub style at a slightly more value-oriented pricepoint and possibly the best patio in the city if you have nice weather to dine al fresco.

For something more Vancouvery, there's a Coal Harbour branch of Hapa Izakaya - 'Japanese Tapas Pub' with a wide variety of sushi, noodle, rice dishes combined with some more Western-esque chicken & pork pubby dishes.

If your budget stretches enough, dinner inside your hotel at Five Sails does offer prix fixe dining options, and even a la carte entrees in the $40 range would be seen as reasonable by many when considering that those are ~US$30. It's a beautiful room, with high service standards and some potential for excellent views at sunset too.

Chewie's has a great happy hour and New Orleans style food. Local beers too they are on West Hastings.

Jules is a really good French bistro in Gastown,not sure of the exact street,reasonably priced and very good.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Not really looking for McDonalds but also don't want to spend 50-70 per person. Would love to find a local Vancouver restaurant or even a sports bar with local beer! Have never been in the area!!

We have had many excellent meals at Mahony and Sons, right there on the causeway - 30 second walk. :)

http://www.mahonyandsons.com/

http://www.mahonyandsons.com/menus/MAH16_New%20Menu_BurrardLanding_18x12_webFood.pdf

This is an excellent suggestion. We ate there 2x during our last trip there! Great location, great food and reasonable. If the weather is nice, eating outside is wonderful. One of our meals was the french dip and it was really good and it was $10.

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't go out of my way for steamworks. I'd also skip the Cactus Club, just because I find them boring. If you want local beer and wine I'd recommend tap and barrel, I've ended up there after many a business trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Any of these suggestions kid friendly with tame food options for them? We have a picky 7 year old in our group.

I'd agree with Tap & Barrel, or De Dutch for brekky/lunch, as the best kid-friendly options of what's been mentioned above. There's also a couple of adequate fastfood burger places nearby - Fatburger and A&W - as well as McDs & Timmies if you wanted to feed the kiddo separately so you can eat somewhere with a more adventurous menu.