FOUND: Wedding Ring in Safe

JLODK

Hello Royal Caribbean Cruisers,

We recently sailed on the Serenade of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. On departure day, when removing the contents of our stateroom safe, we found a ring that appears to be a Ladies wedding band.

After looking on google to see how likely it would be to get the ring back to its rightful owner via Guest Services on board, we decided we would keep the ring and contact Royal Carribean ourselves to see if anyone has reported it missing - thinking their chances of getting it back might be higher if we told them we had it. We've read nothing but horror stories of people trying to get RCI to help find their missing items, to never hear back from them, and due to the significance of this ring, we wanted to increase the chances of getting it back to its owner.

If you have lost a wedding band in your stateroom on the Serenade of the Seas, please reply with a photo of the ring you lost and the stateroom you were in. If the ring matches what we have, we will return it to its rightful owner.

Please do not waste time with prank replies or comments.

We recently sailed on the Serenade of the Seas from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. On departure day, when removing the contents of our stateroom safe, we found a ring that appears to be a Ladies wedding band.

After looking on google to see how likely it would be to get the ring back to its rightful owner via Guest Services on board, we decided we would keep the ring and contact Royal Carribean ourselves to see if anyone has reported it missing - thinking their chances of getting it back might be higher if we told them we had it. We've read nothing but horror stories of people trying to get RCI to help find their missing items, to never hear back from them, and due to the significance of this ring, we wanted to increase the chances of getting it back to its owner.

If you have lost a wedding band in your stateroom on the Serenade of the Seas, please reply with a photo of the ring you lost and the stateroom you were in. If the ring matches what we have, we will return it to its rightful owner.

Please do not waste time with prank replies or comments.

I know your heart is in the right place, but I seriously doubt you increased the owners' chances of getting the ring back by keeping it. What did RC say when you contacted them and told them you had the ring? They know exactly who was in the room before you.

OP, you might also want to post this on the Serenade Roll Call which matches the appropriate date. There are also some RC FB groups that you might want to try posting this on.

Good luck and I hope you find the owner.

What did RC say when you contacted them and told them you had the ring? They know exactly who was in the room before you.

This is a perfect as they know everyone who was in the room before the OP and hopefully someone has called RC looking for their ring.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I know your heart is in the right place, but I seriously doubt you increased the owners' chances of getting the ring back by keeping it. What did RC say when you contacted them and told them you had the ring? They know exactly who was in the room before you.

We gave them all of the details of the ring, the stateroom, etc. and they said they will connect to the lost and found department to see if they can find the owner. Personally, I believe more in the power of social media than the cruise ship's Guest Services department. Our family is hoping to reunite this person with their ring!

This is a perfect as they know everyone who was in the room before the OP and hopefully someone has called RC looking for their ring.

We gave them the description and all information about where we found the ring. They seemed excited about the opportunity to reconnect someone with this ring. Fingers crossed that they find the owner and we can ship it to them!

I would suggest you use e-mail or USPS so that there is a written tale of this possible human interest story. I possibly would bring it to the attention of a major news source who could find a great, possibly romantic story somewhere in this! ;)

This happens 3 or 4 times a year. Someone finds something that is not theirs and decide that they can do better at finding the owner. You cant!!!! It was wrong of you to take it off the ship. What you read or hear are mostly the stories of not getting property back. Not the stories of getting property back.

This happens 3 or 4 times a year. Someone finds something that is not theirs and decide that they can do better at finding the owner. You cant!!!! It was wrong of you to take it off the ship. What you read or hear are mostly the stories of not getting property back. Not the stories of getting property back.

I agree. The OP could have turned it in to Guest Services and still gone on CC and social media in the hope that the owner would read about the ring having been found. Taking the ring home simply complicates the issue.

Implies a lack of trust for Guest Services staff. I've read that all lost & found items are logged into a report for accountability. Hasn't there been several threads in the last few years about a guest receiving back their lost item after if was turned into Guest Services on the ship??

I think the poster has a better chance of reuniting the ring and owners that RCCL?

Left an item on BOS in February. Called RCCL while at the port since I couldn't return to the ship to retrieve the item. It was 7: am and I provided all the details of the location of the item in my stateroom. Item hasn't found it's way home yet.

I think the poster has a better chance of reuniting the ring and owners that RCCL?

Left an item on BOS in February. Called RCCL while at the port since I couldn't return to the ship to retrieve the item. It was 7: am and I provided all the details of the location of the item in my stateroom. Item hasn't found it's way home yet.

I agree. We had an item we forgot onboard, called by 10 am on departure day, while sitting at the airport waiting to board our flight. Gave them all info including where it was. That was over a year ago, never saw it again.

In my opini9n, with social media being what it is there is a greater chance of the ring being returned to its owner than through Royal.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Agree, especially since the OP did contact RCI and let them know. There have been far more stories about people having no luck in getting items left on board returned than their are stories with positive endings.

This reminds me of the time on Carnival ship back in 1986, so no CC or social media, when on the last night when we cleaned out the safe we found a Canadian passport! Took it to the purser, predated the term "guest services" but always wondered how it's owner ever got home. But of course travel was easier then. I think we traveled with birth certificate and voter registration card!

I think the idea of going to media makes sense. Great exposure for the story. They might even be able to get RCI release the name of the prior cabin passengers.

This is absolutely the right approach. It would really be a shame to turn something irreplaceable and valuable like that over to a cruise line employee with no idea of their integrity. The more the ring changes hands, the higher the chance it disappears forever. If the cruise line can assist you getting in touch with the owner, they certainly don't need physical possession of the ring to do it. Hope you find them!

I agree with your idea of keeping it; I read a thread on here in the last several months of someone who left a wedding ring in the safe and got nothing but the run around from guest services, and I think they even ran into trouble getting a response at all at one point. They came here to ask if anyone had been on their sailing, and if that person had been you, they would have gotten their ring back. I don't think they ever did get it back from the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums