Parking In Mobile

Beth

There are better parking options in Mobile other than the Cruise Lot. I just booked my Cruise from Mobile in September and I found a Government Lot that is $7.00 per day and secure. It is only blocks away from the port so walking or a taxi are both options. If you are interested I can find that info. I actually planned on not paying even that amount and exploring when I arrived in Mobile. $15.00 per day is New Orleans pricing and not even close to what is there.

There are better parking options in Mobile other than the Cruise Lot. I just booked my Cruise from Mobile in September and I found a Government Lot that is $7.00 per day and secure. It is only blocks away from the port so walking or a taxi are both options. If you are interested I can find that info. I actually planned on not paying even that amount and exploring when I arrived in Mobile. $15.00 per day is New Orleans pricing and not even close to what is there.

I shelled out the $15/day for parking in Mobile last go 'round. I'm going again in November. If you can track down the info on that government lot, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the info I found. I was thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn/Historic on Government Street in Mobile. If you go to their site which is: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/mobhi

an scroll down to the "At A Glance" area, then move your mouse to Parking Options it will give you a baloon that mentions the County Parking Garage Across the street. They also have a lodging deal for cruisers that gives discounted parking, they probably park your car across the street!

A call to the HI can probably get detailed info. I was just planning on doing it when I got there.

Good Luck and post if you find more information!

Here's the info I found. I was thinking of staying at the Holiday Inn/Historic on Government Street in Mobile. If you go to their site which is: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/mobhi

an scroll down to the "At A Glance" area, then move your mouse to Parking Options it will give you a baloon that mentions the County Parking Garage Across the street. They also have a lodging deal for cruisers that gives discounted parking, they probably park your car across the street!

A call to the HI can probably get detailed info. I was just planning on doing it when I got there.

Good Luck and post if you find more information!

That was a quick half-hour... Thanks a million! If I call for more info, I'll certainly post it here.

Fat Boy,

I've done soooo much research on this trip I finally booked today that I wasn't sure where I saw that info. I got lucky and those brain cells still were functioning and I found it on my first backtrack.

I'll bet there are folks who will let you park and watch your car for $5.00 per day. I don't plan on having anything worth stealing in it and really, we are talking about having a car sit for 5 days and they want $75.00? Well not from me. From what I understand at $5.00 a beer on board that's a 12 pack with gratuties! LOL At least I get something for that, at least a bathroom visit! LOL

Thanks again, Ben!

I'm one of those research freaks, too. The last go 'round we had almost no notice that we were going on a cruise... Booked on Tuesday to leave on Saturday (driving Friday), then worked my butt off for three days so the office wouldn't suffer while I was out. Just didn't have time for research that go 'round...

That's great, I used to be able to try that, now I need 3 months notice to do anythng. Too many obligations.

I'm in Fort Worth, where are you? I just set up a two week trip with the first week in New Orleans and then the cruise. I may take your screen name after that trip as it will be an eaters trip! LOL

What are your plans in Progreso? I was non-plused to start with but now I'm trying to decide whether to go see ruins or go to Merida. At first I thought I'd do CI but that's 5 hours on a bus so probably not.

Now Cozumel is easy, I rent a jeep and go disappear until lunch. Beaches!

That's great, I used to be able to try that, now I need 3 months notice to do anythng. Too many obligations.

I'm in Fort Worth, where are you? I just set up a two week trip with the first week in New Orleans and then the cruise. I may take your screen name after that trip as it will be an eaters trip! LOL

What are your plans in Progreso? I was non-plused to start with but now I'm trying to decide whether to go see ruins or go to Merida. At first I thought I'd do CI but that's 5 hours on a bus so probably not.

Now Cozumel is easy, I rent a jeep and go disappear until lunch. Beaches!

This go 'round the Holiday is going to Calica and Cozumel.

On the Fantasy in February we did the Dzibalchaltun ruins in Progresso, then beach-front lunch, then some shopping. In Coz we rented Jeeps and did the loop around the island. It was awesome!

:)

I would love to know about this Gov parking lot for $7.00 / day - leaving on a cruise in Oct.

It's the county parking garage across the street from the Gov't Plaza building. (That's the one with the funky sail panels on the roof) It is about 4 blocks from the terminal. It is directly behind the Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel. If you stay at the Rad with their cruise package, parking is free in the county garage. Otherwise you can pay at the Rad for parking and they will shuttle you to and from the terminal. The number for the Radisson is 251-432-8000. At the terminal, you pay for the convenience of dropping your bags at ground level, parking in the garage and taking the elevator into the terminal. It really is a very nice setup. The difference in price is almost moot if you factor in the convenience. Besides, someones gotta pay for the terminal and us locals will be darned if it's us. :D

• 1 month later...
This go 'round the Holiday is going to Calica and Cozumel.

On the Fantasy in February we did the Dzibalchaltun ruins in Progresso, then beach-front lunch, then some shopping. In Coz we rented Jeeps and did the loop around the island. It was awesome!

Where do you find the jeeps to rent in Cozumel, also do you remember how much it is? Do they give you a map :eek:

• 2 weeks later...
It's the county parking garage across the street from the Gov't Plaza building. (That's the one with the funky sail panels on the roof) It is about 4 blocks from the terminal. It is directly behind the Radisson Admiral Semmes Hotel. If you stay at the Rad with their cruise package, parking is free in the county garage. Otherwise you can pay at the Rad for parking and they will shuttle you to and from the terminal. The number for the Radisson is 251-432-8000. At the terminal, you pay for the convenience of dropping your bags at ground level, parking in the garage and taking the elevator into the terminal. It really is a very nice setup. The difference in price is almost moot if you factor in the convenience. Besides, someones gotta pay for the terminal and us locals will be darned if it's us. :D

I just got off the phone with the Radisson. Parking package is $55.00 this will include transportation to and from the terminal, and the parking of your vehicle for the duration of your trip.

This will work great for my group we have to drive from Claremore, OK (Tulsa area) starting at 2pm on Nov 1, arriving around 2am on Nov 2. Yes, first cruise, very excited, sorry to hear it's the Holiday's last voyage with Carnival.

Thank you futaba951 for leaving the number.

I'm guessing that $55 doesn't include a room right?

Wishful thinking.

I'm sure you guessed right Josh.

We are leaving out of Mobile next Monday. The hotel manager we spoke w/ when we reserved our room for night before cruise, told us not to waste all our money staying at port.

We are staying out at I65 5 miles from port at the Baymont Inn & Suites. He told us they have regular yellow cab service that will take us, and many cabs will be waiting when ship comes back in. They dont charge per person fees like shuttles......it's just like a regular cab that charges for the mileage. We'll probably save 50 something dollars this way.

No charge for leaving vehicle at hotel either since we are guests the night before.

Just wanted to share that info w/ anyone out there on a budget like us...LOL. (more money now for my S&S account).:D

I'm sure you guessed right Josh.

We are leaving out of Mobile next Monday. The hotel manager we spoke w/ when we reserved our room for night before cruise, told us not to waste all our money staying at port.

We are staying out at I65 5 miles from port at the Baymont Inn & Suites. He told us they have regular yellow cab service that will take us, and many cabs will be waiting when ship comes back in. They dont charge per person fees like shuttles......it's just like a regular cab that charges for the mileage. We'll probably save 50 something dollars this way.

No charge for leaving vehicle at hotel either since we are guests the night before.

Just wanted to share that info w/ anyone out there on a budget like us...LOL. (more money now for my S&S account).:D

You might want to re-think that choice. Look at the reviews on TripAdvisor. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g30709-d72987-Reviews-Baymont_Inn_Suites-Mobile_Alabama.html

I stayed at the Baymont last year before our cruise on the Holiday.

I agree that the hotel smelled pretty bad. The room smelled bad and felt damp like a basement. The shower had mold in it that could have easily been cleaned. The continental breakfast was pretty nasty as well. The staff were also pretty rude.

I stayed there for the free parking. The shuttle to the port for me and 6 friends cost $45. We could have all rode in my brothers truck and payed a little more for parking there.

We spent the night precruise at the Rennissance and it was so worth it. The parking is right there in an attached parking garage. We took the shuttle over to and from the port. There was very little wait at the port post cruise. The hotel was beautiful and the staff there were awesome. There is a Quizno's across the street for dinner :D and if you go down to the corner and turn left at the clock go down a little way on your right hand side is a small restaurant called Time to Eat, we had a great breakfast there pre cruise. I will be posting some pictures of the hotel and our Holiday cruise later today, just click the link in my signature.

Archived