Advise needed on dress code.

Macdan

Hello

We have booked a cruise on the Voyager for September. Just need to check a couple of points about the dress code for gents. Can men wear chino's in the evenings? Also, are polo shirts classed as collared shirts or does it need to be a more formal type shirt?

Thank you

Yes, men can wear polo shirts and chinos are fine. The "no-no's" on Regent after 6:00 p.m. is jeans, shorts, t-shirts, and other ultra casual clothing. There are men that wear the minimum required by Regent but many men wear slacks and dress shirts while others wear sports jackets and even suits (especially to the Captain's Reception and specialty restaurants). If a man is more comfortable in chinos and a polo shirt, this isn't a problem whatsoever.

Regent's official dress code follows:

WHAT IS THE DRESS CODE ONBOARD THE SHIPS?

Attire ranges from Casual to Formal Optional. Casual wear is appropriate for daytime onboard or ashore, and consists of resort-style outfits. Casual wear, including shorts and jeans, is not appropriate after 6:00 pm, with the exception of the final evening of the cruise. On the night prior to disembarkation, guests may need to pack their luggage early due to morning flights the next day. With this in mind on the last night of every voyage we will relax the dress code for dinner to Casual.

The recommended onboard dress in the evenings is Elegant Casual. Dinner dress includes skirt, or slacks with blouse or sweater, pant suit or dress for ladies; slacks and collared shirt for gentlemen. Sport jackets are optional. Jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes are not to be worn at dinner. Ties are not required. On sailings of 16 nights or more, Formal and Semi-Formal attire is optional on two evenings. On the two Formal Optional evenings, guests are welcome to dress as per the Elegant Casual dress code or opt for a more formal choice of clothing including gowns and cocktail dresses for ladies; tuxedos, dinner jackets or dark suits with tie for gentlemen.

What Jackie said.

I will usually take several pairs of slacks, and some polo and Tommy Bahama shirts with me. I know some people don't like the 'island look' of an untucked square bottomed shirt, but by golly I'm comfortable and I have a collar, so there. :p

When we dine at the specialty restaurants I usually wear a sport coat or blazer but definitely no tie. In Compass Rose (main dining room) it's slacks and polo/TB island wear. And please don't start the discussion about 'dress jeans'...:eek:

Our first Regent cruise, I probably took too many clothes - I had a suit or two, a few blazers, more dress shirts than I'd need for a 30 day cruise, and a few ties. Second cruise I was down to 2 sport coats. Last cruise I packed in about 40 minutes and only took a jacket because we were going to celebrate my mother-in-law's birthday.

Chinos and polos are fine. Enjoy!!

Hello

We have booked a cruise on the Voyager for September. Just need to check a couple of points about the dress code for gents. Can men wear chino's in the evenings? Also, are polo shirts classed as collared shirts or does it need to be a more formal type shirt?

Thank you

Yes, polo shirts meet the Regent dress code. I usually wear long-sleeve shirts as I find several of the venues too cool for short sleeves. But, I pack 1 or 2 nice light weight sweaters to wear over my polos when I want to.

On our one Regent cruise on navigator last year, I wore chino type pants (like Dockers, etc.) most nights with a short sleeved button down type shirt. On our one night in Prime 7, I wore dress pants and a blazer - I brought it so figured I should wear it! Many men were dressed similarly to me and, of course, there were always some who were dressed up - jackets and ties. I never felt uncomfortable.

We wonder what made you feel you should wear a jacket for your mother-in-law's birthday?

A peaceful life; avoidance of wife's stink-eye; respect; survival - any number of reasons:rolleyes:.

What Steve said!

George usually wears khakis and a long sleeve button down shirt to dinner. Sometimes adds a sports coat and sometimes dress pants instead of the khakis. He doesn't wear polo shirts but not because of the dress code. He just thinks they make him look fat.

George usually wears khakis and a long sleeve button down shirt to dinner. Sometimes adds a sports coat and sometimes dress pants instead of the khakis. He doesn't wear polo shirts but not because of the dress code. He just thinks they make him look fat.

My polo shirts don't make me look fat...it's my belly that does that. ;p