My first cruise was on NCL Skyward...where

It would be interesting to know where she is now or if she is still floating. Anyone know???????

In 1991 she became the Fantasy World. In 2003 she then became the Leisure World. I have attached a picture of her as the Leisure World

We sailed her sister the Starward.

Skyward06_LeisureWorld.jpg.49afaefbf89ef8a97999b91dd77e5030.jpg

Her sister the former Starward is reported to be moving to Pt. Canaveral in November to start two night cruises to Grand Bahama. She will cater to the time share crowd much like the Regal Empress does in FLL.

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/BUSINESS/604200345/1003/rss03

The Starward was my first cruise back in 86 and it hooked me on cruising. I may just have to take this cruise to see how she looks twenty years later.

Here is the line that she is sailing for now. She looks good in the photos.

http://www.aboumerhicruises.com/

Her sister the former Starward is reported to be moving to Pt. Canaveral in November to start two night cruises to Grand Bahama. She will cater to the time share crowd much like the Regal Empress does in FLL. http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060420/BUSINESS/604200345/1003/rss03

The Starward was my first cruise back in 86 and it hooked me on cruising. I may just have to take this cruise to see how she looks twenty years later. Here is the line that she is sailing for now. She looks good in the photos. http://www.aboumerhicruises.com/

We sailed the Starward in 91 in the Caribbean. Ran into her in the Med this summer in Mykonos where she was doing the Beruit round trip. Here is a pic I took.... Only change I noticed was the addition of the helo pad.

1562256515_OrientQueen.JPG.0c4ca059dba388748eace0134b072272.JPG

Thanks so much for the information. It was in the early 70's when I first sailed on the Skyward and of course I thought it was grand. Now with the Voyager and Freedom class ships, I guess she seems like a private sailing vessel. Does anyone know her tonage? The pictures are wonderful.

Wow... 16,000 tons vs 150,000-200,000. What a difference. Yes, I agree that the food and service has changed over the years but I must say, I really love the big ships. I am addicted to the suites and balconies. So spoiled am I. I even still enjoy the food on most ships as I am not very picky. Don't think I could go back to one that small. Thanks for all the info. Myra

• 3 weeks later...

My first cruise was on the Skyward. We were seated at a long table in the diningroom that would be considered a banquet table. When my mom asked for marmalade, which in my opinion she should have just done without, the waiter screamed at her. I thought it was a great cruise. :D

• 2 months later...

My first cruise was also on the Skyward. I made two cruises on her - in 1986 and 1987. It was so wonderful. Just today I have been remembering the wonderful time I had on the Skyward. What fun it was. The food was great and the service super. I really wish I could go on her again sometime just for old times sake. That was such a long time ago it seems. I have pictures of her in front of me now. Found them last evening as I was cleaning out a closet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Skyward was also my first cruise. I think we went in 1987 or 88. I remember using Marriott points as payment and had the choice of Song of Norway or Skyward. We sailed out of San Juan and it was a pretty good cruise!

Thanks for bring back those memories.

Back in 1986 met my wife on the Skyward. She was with girlfiends from California and I was with Singleword tour from New Jersey. Had a great time and in the end got married in 1989 to the girl from California, moved to California in 1990 and this November marks 17 year anniversary.

• 4 weeks later...

The Skyward was also our first cruise in 1984 when she was doing the Mayan itinerary and was decorated throughout with a Mayan motif. We were hooked from that first one and have been on two or three a year since then - we're up to nearly 50 now.

The Skyward was a great experience!

• 3 weeks later...
Would any of you know anything about Seaward? My husband and I were on this ship for our honeymoon in 1988.
That was our first cruise 21 years ago.. and a few years back we sailed her again as the NCL Sea...sadly she is now outof comission.

That was our first cruise 21 years ago.. and a few years back we sailed her again as the NCL Sea...sadly she is now outof comission.

She is still sailing for NCL's parent company Star Cruises as SUPERSTAR LIBRA.

I sailed in her in 1996. Never one of my favorite ships, I'm afraid - tiny cabins, tinny construction, and (to my eye) some of the ugliest decor ever to go to sea.

I'm not sure how you could have sailed in her 21 years ago - she was only built in 1988, 18 years ago.

Perhaps your first cruise was really aboard STARWARD, SOUTHWARD or another older NCL ship?

We sailed her from NYC again....true her cabins were small and she was not a glitzy ship...but the staff couldn't do enough for you... When we had sailed her originally 21 years ago she was spanking new... white glove and french service..Our very first cruise and we fell in love with cruising. In 1998 I remember telling my steward the closet door was broken and I left the cabin for breakfast... when we returned.. it was fixed.. The buffet upstairs was a complete disaster.lol.. but what makes a ship is the staff and their staff loved that ship. We were on the ship when it was diverted to Canada..(I seem to have that problem lately..lol)... Doug.. I'm one that does not like mega ships..and the smaller ones,i.e. under 2200 passengers are just about right..It doesn't matter what the decor is.. Right now I'm upset and boy am I upset about the NCL Majesty that we just did for the 11th time..The ship and the crew were great.. but the food was absolute garbage thanks to the new menus...

• 6 years later...

Probably the most fun I have ever had in my life (with my clothes on, at least part of the time!) was on a Western Caribbean cruise I took with my fiancee at the time (now my long-ago ex-wife). I have been on several others since: Royal, Carnival, and Holland) but none came close to the magical time I had on that small 450 foot boat. The staff was so friendly, so fun and truly interested in our having a great time. The food was amazing too. I don't think you could match that service today without spending big $$$ on a smaller vessel (Silverseas, perhaps? Not sure on that, I have only heard stories as they are quite costly; and then it might be too stuffy or pretentious an atmosphere with all the big shot egos on board.)

We had a great dinner table and got to really know each other well -- even went on some tours together. I could not get over how gorgeous the ocean was -- aquamarine crystal clear. And the water -- 86 degrees! I thought I has living in Heaven, but alas then it was time to go home. I still remember that cruise with such fond memories, and it has been 17 years and counting. The vacation of a lifetime, and one I will never forget. Thank you, NCL !!

• 1 year later...

She was my first cruise, yes. I remember those white gloves. 4 of us in our early 20's had the time of our life. Got me hooked! You NEVER forget your first one! First island was Haiti! Not a dry eye when we returned to the ship! Culture shock. I remember saying I AM PROUD TO BE A AMERICAN! Children 6 years old were diving for coins yelling TAKE ME TO AMERICA! As years went by I upgraded to bigger ships! CREW was fantastic! Now I choose the larger ships!

• 8 years later...

My first cruise was on the Skyward in the 1980s. I couldn't tell you the year, but I do remember it was western Caribbean. The youth program was awesome. They actually took us on trips in port. Imagine doing that today. The cruise lines wouldn't want the liability of taking kids into port.