What to see while golf carting the island

babyclaytonmom

I've been to Grand Turk 3 or 4 times but have always done snorkel tours (White Sands is great BTW). Doing the golf cart this time. I know I've read about the lighthouse and Pilroy Beach. Where else should we stop? We will be there from 7:00-2:00 so probably going around from 8:00-1:00ish. What should we stop and do/see? What beach is the best for snorkeling (we have our own gear). Thanks!

Pillroy Beach (Bohio Resort) for snorkeling. There'll be a charge for loungers if you're not a guest at the resort. But you might want to check out Governors Beach nearer the cruise port either heading out or coming back. It appears to be a bit deserted at present, no loungers or drink stands but there may be a bathroom open. Stop in town at Sandbar for a nice lunch. There's a Saltworks that you can visit, if that interests you. That's about it. Definitely try to time it so that you return the cart by 1P, if not earlier. It's a 10 minute walk back to the pier and sometime the boarding lines can get long closer to departure time.

Did a new golf cart company open? Last threads indicated issues with a previous company.

Hope someone picked this up as on our first two trips here; we loved the golf carts and then started having mechanical problems and no one could reach the original owner for rentals.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...