Flying out of FLL at 3:15 pm

Our cruise ship docks in Fort Lauderdale at 8am after a 6 day cruise, on Saturday March 7th. Our flight back home leaves at 3:15pm. Will we have time to do something in between? We were thinking of going to the beach, but we don't know if we will have enough time. What time do you disembark at?. Last time, we just walked off of the ship in Baltimore when they called us , because they had a line for Canadians only and it was empty. Will that have that line again?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our cruise ship docks in Fort Lauderdale at 8am after a 6 day cruise, on Saturday March 7th. Our flight back home leaves at 3:15pm. Will we have time to do something in between? We were thinking of going to the beach, but we don't know if we will have enough time. What time do you disembark at?. Last time, we just walked off of the ship in Baltimore when they called us , because they had a line for Canadians only and it was empty. Will that have that line again?

They want you off the ship by 9:30/10am to get it ready for the next cruise, assuming the ship comes in on time/early. The beach is close by and so is the airport. You should have plenty of time. There is also the Riverwalk area downtown that you can wander through.

You could get to the beach, but do you want to get on the airplane covered in sand and salt? What's the backup plan if it's a miserable day?

I usually book the late afternoon departure too. I volunteer to be last off the ship, around 10 AM, giving me a leisurely breakfast on board. then head calmly to the airport. FLL lineups on Saturday mornings are LONG, they can be quite entertaining if you're not in them. Then saunter leisurely out to the gate. All in all a low-stress end to the vacation.

Maybe try the Everglades excursion thru Carnival. Its pretty cool and it drops you off at your airport so no need for cabs or worry about luggage. You can also have lunch there.

I saw that option on the site, but it is quite expensive for the five of us. Also, we did the alligator excursion in Cape canaveral last year.

You could get to the beach, but do you want to get on the airplane covered in sand and salt? What's the backup plan if it's a miserable day?

I usually book the late afternoon departure too. I volunteer to be last off the ship, around 10 AM, giving me a leisurely breakfast on board. then head calmly to the airport. FLL lineups on Saturday mornings are LONG, they can be quite entertaining if you're not in them. Then saunter leisurely out to the gate. All in all a low-stress end to the vacation.

Good point, I think I will go to the Riverwalk area downtown. Do you know anything else we could do?

Good point, I think I will go to the Riverwalk area downtown. Do you know anything else we could do?

You can still hang out by the beach, there are a lot of stores along the beach front street and you can walk along the beach

Yes, that will give you time to do something, especially if you get off fairly early. If you haven't tried the Everglades tour in Fort Lauderdale, it is well worth it. You can book it through Carnival and they will keep up with your luggage during the excursion and then deliver you to the airport in plenty of time for your flight.

Have a great cruise.

I've only cruised from FLL one time but when I go from Miami, most everybody is off by 930 am and self assist begins around 830 if the ship parks on time. I wouldn't chan a beach trip before your flight but of course, you might have enough time to spend an hour or whatever sightseeing. Last time I cruised from MIA and flew from FLL I got off the ship at 840 and was back to the airport in plenty of time to make a 1020 flight so travel back to the airport doesn't usually take that long.

You can check your bags with airline. We took cab to beach and ate lunch.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums mobile app

Not usually. FLL is generally only 4 hours or less for bags, maybe 3 depending on your air carrier. A lot of airlines won't waive that rule just because that airport has limited baggage makeup space and they don't want bags for later flights getting mixed in and maybe lost with other flights. I do like the idea of the excursions though. They take care of your bags and everything if you do that so you won't have to worry about that part if you go off on your own.

• 2 weeks later...