Super Mario

met Mario on our B2B while he was doing a B2B2B on the Allure in May. Just amazes me that he has accumulated over 4200 C&A points! That's over 700 cruises! Anyone know who's in 2nd place?

Yes, we met the #2 and #3 couples on the final Monarch cruise. I'm thinking they were around 2500 and 3000 points.

Yes, we met the #2 and #3 couples on the final Monarch cruise. I'm thinking they were around 2500 and 3000 points.

#2 are Herbie & Marianne Lucus (i believe close to 3000)

#3 are the Steeles. and they are close to Herb & Marianne

#2 are Herbie & Marianne Lucus (i believe close to 3000)

#3 are the Steeles. and they are close to Herb & Marianne

...a cutthroat competition from what I'm told. ;)

met Mario on our B2B while he was doing a B2B2B on the Allure in May. Just amazes me that he has accumulated over 4200 C&A points! That's over 700 cruises! Anyone know who's in 2nd place?
Remember a lot of those points were acclimated back in the olden days when Mario would book short cruises and get upgraded to a suite and get double points so a 3 days cruise would now = 14 points after the conversion. I'm just trying to say that 4000 points does not necessarily equal 700 cruises and not knocking Mario's accomplishment.

Remember a lot of those points were acclimated back in the olden days when Mario would book short cruises and get upgraded to a suite and get double points so a 3 days cruise would now = 14 points after the conversion. I'm just trying to say that 4000 points does not necessarily equal 700 cruises and not knocking Mario's accomplishment.
Unless things were different then, you don't get double points when they upgrade you to a suite.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I'm just trying to say that 4000 points does not necessarily equal 700 cruises and not knocking Mario's accomplishment.

Good point. Most of the top cruiser's points do not actually reflect their number of days at sea or number of cruises due to double or triple points earned. Although, you'll hear some report them as such. ;)

Things were different. Double points were given even with the free upgrade.

Anyone who cruised back then had the same "benefit". He was not given anything that was not given to all passengers. Anyone who was upgraded (for free) to a suite got double points. That was how the system counted it. It was not supposed to be counted that way - but I am not sure RCCL knew how to correct the computer system. If you asked about double points, you would always be told that you had to pay to get double, then after a complimentary suite upgrade, they system showed 2 credits. I guess back then, the system could not differentiate between a paid and a non-paid suite accommodation. Also - anyone who took a 3 night cruise was awarded one credit ( same as 7 or even 10 night cruise). No one was defrauding the C&A credit system – that was the way it was counted. Some cruise lines still count cruises, not nights.

I don’t know who fills the top few slots, or how many cruises they have, except to say it is extraordinary. We’ve met and had cocktails or dinner with a few of the top cruisers and have found them to be lovely. They deserve all the attention provided by RCCL.

M

Anyone who cruised back then had the same "benefit". He was not given anything that was not given to all passengers. Anyone who was upgraded (for free) to a suite got double points. That was how the system counted it. It was not supposed to be counted that way - but I am not sure RCCL knew how to correct the computer system. If you asked about double points, you would always be told that you had to pay to get double, then after a complimentary suite upgrade, they system showed 2 credits. I guess back then, the system could not differentiate between a paid and a non-paid suite accommodation. Also - anyone who took a 3 night cruise was awarded one credit ( same as 7 or even 10 night cruise). No one was defrauding the C&A credit system – that was the way it was counted. Some cruise lines still count cruises, not nights.

I don’t know who fills the top few slots, or how many cruises they have, except to say it is extraordinary. We’ve met and had cocktails or dinner with a few of the top cruisers and have found them to be lovely. They deserve all the attention provided by RCCL.

M

I was not in any way being critical. I was just confirming that in the past a free upgrade to a JS or higher also received double points. I for one benifited by it on more than one occassion.

I was not in any way being critical. I was just confirming that in the past a free upgrade to a JS or higher also received double points. I for one benifited by it on more than one occassion.

I was agreeing with you. We benefited a few times also.

M

I did benefit from a JS upgrade one time only before the change. Although I lost points in the change due to all the 14 night cruises that would now be 28 points for a paid suite - being cut to 21 points EACH in the conversion.

To confirm that points have nothing to do with how many cruises one has been on; I remember my first platinum and above party. They asked the question, "how many have been on at least 5 cruises." There weren't many people there and I didn't raise my hand and apparently no one noticed. It was only my 3rd cruise. We were in junior suites for our first 2 cruises and they gave us a bonus point for our first cruise. So at he start of our 3rd cruise we already had 5 points and were platinum. :eek: To this day I laugh that they call this the top tier event. Diamond is a little closer to top tier than it used to be now that it has to be really earned through cruising and paying for it. ;) But platinum? Top tier? I don't see it that way, not to offend anyone.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I agree. It has always bugged me and still does that when people say we have sailed xxxxx nights with RCI that most of them really haven't sailed that many nights as many have got double points from suites or promotions

Edited by ticktoneer

Reading Mrfuninthesuns live Enchanment thread post #120 has a Compass that shows the Steele's with 2646 points. So if they are #3 they are a long way from the top and quite a distance to #2 (at least 354 points). Dang that is a lot of points but my curiosity would like to know how many actual sea days these top folks have. Just being nosey. So any guess as to #'s 4,5,6,7 etc?