What's the weather like?

BethV114

What's the weather like in the Southern Caribbean right now?

We are sailing the Celebrity Summit from San Juan on the 18th, with stops in Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. We have always done this itinerary in late November/early December and have found the air/water temps to be nice and warm. We had to change things up this year to align with DD's school break and I'm hoping (praying!) that the air and water temps will be warm enough for us all to enjoy our beach time.

I have been checking on the Weather Channel app and am seeing numbers in the low 80s. That's clearly warmer than here in New York, but I can't get a sense just from the air temp whether that is going to translate to comfortable beach weather. Any/all comments would be appreciated!

What's the weather like in the Southern Caribbean right now?

We are sailing the Celebrity Summit from San Juan on the 18th, with stops in Barbados, Antigua, St. Lucia, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. We have always done this itinerary in late November/early December and have found the air/water temps to be nice and warm. We had to change things up this year to align with DD's school break and I'm hoping (praying!) that the air and water temps will be warm enough for us all to enjoy our beach time.

I have been checking on the Weather Channel app and am seeing numbers in the low 80s. That's clearly warmer than here in New York, but I can't get a sense just from the air temp whether that is going to translate to comfortable beach weather. Any/all comments would be appreciated!

In the southern Caribbean, temp are in the low to high 80s year round. In the winter months, particularly Jan-Feb, nighttime temp may dip to mid-high 70s. It is warm to hot all day/night, with shorts/T-shirts perfectly comfortable day or night. Definitely hot enough daily for the beach and swimming....

Dec-April is high season around here as it's hot and sunny daily while northern climes are cold and wintery.

You'll have loads of Sun and heat, no worries.

BethV114,

One weather site I have found useful when cruising is <Cruiseoutlook.com>. Go to the home page, cick on "find your cruise", then your "cruise line", then the "departure date and ship".

This will show you the daily weather forcast for all of the ports you will be calling at; the weather reoport will be updated every day at 7:30 am and will advance one day at a time, eg. today the temperature in Castries was supposed to reach a high of 85F and the low 78F, which is warm enough to sit on the beach and slowly roast - lots of sun screen and pina coladas required, or rum punches or Piton beers, or.....

The web site also provide a detailed itinery - listing the other ships in port with you and the total number of passengers and the current location of the cruise ship.

NAGooner