China Visa

Normo

Hi All

The cruise we are booked on will have one stop in China at Shanghai.

Does a single entry visa suffice if you go ashore more than once EG on day one then again on day two?

regards

Norm

Hi All

The cruise we are booked on will have one stop in China at Shanghai.

Does a single entry visa suffice if you go ashore more than once EG on day one then again on day two?

regards

Norm

Yes a single entry...as your cruise ship enters and leaves the port only once..regardless of number of days it spends there...This was explained to us when we cruised to the Baltics and spent two days in St Petersburg....Enjoy Shanghai...I am looking forward to my land only China visit this October.

On arrival in Shanghai all passsengers normally disembark and you will have your Passport with you and go through Immigration. Then you return to, and leave the ship as you please until you depart from Shanghai .

It is a good idea to carry a laminated copy of Passport ID page whenever ashore in foreign countries, especially China.

As others have said if Shanghai is your sole port of call in China then a Single Entry Visa is the go for (i) arrive by ship and depart by ship, or (ii) arrive by ship and depart by air .

On arrival in Shanghai all passsengers normally disembark and you will have your Passport with you and go through Immigration. Then you return to, and leave the ship as you please until you depart from Shanghai .

It is a good idea to carry a laminated copy of Passport ID page whenever ashore in foreign countries, especially China.

As others have said if Shanghai is your sole port of call in China then a Single Entry Visa is the go for (i) arrive by ship and depart by ship, or (ii) arrive by ship and depart by air .

We have scanned our passport and email it to ourselves. If needed we can get the passport ID page on our Android phone or anyother computer. I also carry a physical copy in my purse even when at home.

We have scanned our passport and email it to ourselves. If needed we can get the passport ID page on our Android phone or anyother computer. I also carry a physical copy in my purse even when at home.

So you can clear immigration entering the District of Columbia? ;)

So you can clear immigration entering the District of Columbia? ;)

Yep! Can go to DC but you do so at your own risk of getting tickets from the cameras on every pole. Vicious fines that take the place of a commuter tax and many folks think the cameras may just not always be in the proper alignment!

Oh well, I usually take the Metro if at all possible -- no immigration but finding your way out of the tunnel or up the escalator is also a trip!:p

We join the ship in Hong Kong (I'm not sure but I don't think we need a visa for HK) and have one stop in Xiamen.

Where do I get our visas from? What kind do we need (UK citizens)?

Please help!!

PP x

As a UK citizen you do not need a visa for Hong Kong and can stay there for 180 days without a visa.

You do need a tourist visa for Xiamen. This would be a single entry if Xiamen is your only Mainland China Port.

Keith

We join the ship in Hong Kong (I'm not sure but I don't think we need a visa for HK) and have one stop in Xiamen.

Where do I get our visas from? What kind do we need (UK citizens)?

Please help!!

PP x

HK allows most people in for tourist and business reasons without a visa. They're very liberal about who let let in.

Xiamen is definitely a standard Chinese visa.

Enjoy Xiamen - I go there many times a year for work and love it. Never done a cruise there though.

I just want to add that you will apply for the visa from the Chinese Consulate. You'll need to check their web site to find out which consulate you will use.

Keith

Or a visa service which may be easier and worth a slight fee (though that's the individual's decision)

Or a visa service which may be easier and worth a slight fee (though that's the individual's decision)

We just paid $170pp for our China visa through our tour company...We each had a form to fill out from the China Consulate and needed to send a current passport photo and our passport...It was very easy to do and took less than 2 weeks..We could have gone ourselves in person to the one downtown Los Angeles however doing this would have only saved us a few $'s...Now we're ready to go come October :D

We just paid $170pp for our China visa through our tour company...We each had a form to fill out from the China Consulate and needed to send a current passport photo and our passport...It was very easy to do and took less than 2 weeks..We could have gone ourselves in person to the one downtown Los Angeles however doing this would have only saved us a few $'s...Now we're ready to go come October :D

Living in Kansas but being a frequent traveler to China, I (and my group) always use a service. Doesn't help that we belong to the consulate in Houston and it's obviously not possible to pop down and do it in person. Always easy and well worth the fee. We get our one year multiple entry business visas back within 7-10 days even without a rush.

• 2 years later...

Zach, I am expected to be in Xiamen 1 day in March and think I would like to go to:

Riyuegu (Ancient Sun Moon Valley) Aquatic Park - No.1888 Fulian Road, Haicang District, Xiamen 361027, China (Dongfuzhen - Yingxia Line)

(Hot Springs (Wēnquán )

http://www.riyuegu.com/en/package_01.html

I saw that you travel here frequently, and that you might be able to comment on if you have or have heard of experiences here.

Also, I am having trouble arranging transport there. I prefer public transport or shuttles versus taxis. I found some reference to a shuttle to here, but unsure where to get it, or how to get to that point from the port.

I attempted to email them but did not get a response.

Expecting to be there Friday March 13, 2014 from 1000-1800 (10-6pm) arriving on RCL Mariner of the Seas.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Thank you