CitySights NY night tour

INDIANA JOE

I think the best thing to do at night is to go to either the top of the Empire State Building, or to the Top of the Rock. If you go to the Top of the Rock, you can get a view of the Empire State Building lit up. You can easily walk to Times Square from either Top of the Rock, or Empire State Building. Both venues have a website where you can reserve your timeslot, and avoid the long lines. You can stay up there as long as you wish, and take as many pictures as your heart desires.

Where exactly would you go? What would you see? At what time (e.g., during a weeknight rush hour)? We've also seen night sights on our own. Empire State Building can take some time due to lines, but is worthwhile (I assume a 2 1/2 hour tour would just drive by). As is walking along Broadway at night. If you want night lights from a different perspective, perhaps the boat tours have night excursions? Even the Staten Island Ferry would be scenic. I don't see the need for a nighttime bus tour, but different strokes for different folks.

Benvan2.....Thank you for your thoughts on the tour. We only will have about 6 hours to see what we can see. Plus we will walk around Times Square some too.

Got2Cruise....1st trip to NYC and trying to see some highlights. One person in our party has a foot problem also so that is why considering this bus trip. Limited on walking distances this trip. Maybe the next time we can get out and see more sights. Thank you

Fattony.....we did a trip like this in San Francisco in 2010` and enjoyed seeing areas that we wouldn't have seen from the Pier 39 area. Next cruise maybe we can stay a few days and get to see more of NYC. Thank you

I love this tour…. We take it every time when we go to NYC. I have been on Gray line (Red Bus) and City Sights NY (Blue Bus) only difference I found that the Red Buses come more often. FYI this is not a hop on hop off tour.

Will be in NYC again in Sept. and planning on the night tour again! Yes, New York/Manhattan is so pretty at night!

Archived