Beach with Drink Service

lmmspice33

Hi Everyone,

Hope all is well! :)

I was wondering if anyone can recommend the beach to go to with actual drink waitress/waiter service on the beach , lounge chairs, and umbrellas?

I know about the Coco Reef Day Pass and am considering that...

I truly appreciate your expertise! :)

Hi,

At Coco Reef if you stay at the pool, or near it, I THINK you will get service. Going to the actual beach is somewhat "difficult"...from what people have reported, you have to climb down on rocks to access the beach...so I would not think you will get bar service there.

Horseshoe does have a bar, chairs and umbrellas...but no bar service on beach itself.

Warwick has now a food truck with rentals...haven't heard of any service on the beach...

You MIGHT get it at Black Bay beach... Smaller beach with rentals...if not busy, maybe the operator can act as a waiter on the beach if you are close to him...

It's really not like in the Caribbean where waiters will fight for the right to serve you and collect tips.... I do not think you will find this in Bermuda...

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Thank you for your reply!

This will be my 4th time to Bermuda.

I love Horseshoe Bay, but am looking for

Something like Magen's Bay in St. Thomas.

Or anywhere with a beach bar.

I'm wondering about how far Mickey's beach bistro is

from Coco Reef, even if we have to walk to get our drinks,

as long as it's there.

Thank you for your reply!

This will be my 4th time to Bermuda.

I love Horseshoe Bay, but am looking for

Something like Magen's Bay in St. Thomas.

Or anywhere with a beach bar.

I'm wondering about how far Mickey's beach bistro is

from Coco Reef, even if we have to walk to get our drinks,

as long as it's there.

We love Mickey's ! Great Margaritas .

Just a short walk to the public side of Elbow beach .

We did stop on the way out for 1 more . Also used their shower facilities as we were paying customers .:)

Went to Calico Jacks on 7/24 after spending the morning in St George's. Enjoyed a drink and a swim, they had good music and noodles/floats. There was a group of young people jumping off the plank in front, having a good time. We planned on spending a few hours there before dinner.

There was a young man , maybe a local?- who then approached my 17 year old daughter who was sitting with us. He kept asking her to jump off the plank. Don't know if he was drunk or mentally handicapped but his behavior frankly was a little scary. He just wouldn't let up despite her saying no and me telling him as her mother the answer was no. This went on and on.

He eventually went away but then came back again and started on her again. We were all very uncomfortable and no longer having any fun so we left. What a disappointment. I would have thought the owner/management would keep a better eye on things so guests are not harassed by other guests. It went on for half an hour of so so there was ample time to take notice and do something about it.

So if you have teenage girls you might want to pass on this place.

Sorry to hear about this. That is scary and not cool at all. Did any workers try to get rid of the guy?

My son (18) and I had a drink there on our first night in Bermuda. It is a dive bar for sure. Too hot to drink (for us) until the sun goes down, too. We wanted to enjoy it more than we actually did.

I made a post somewhere a few pages back stating this.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Sorry to hear about this. That is scary and not cool at all. Did any workers try to get rid of the guy?

My son (18) and I had a drink there on our first night in Bermuda. It is a dive bar for sure. Too hot to drink (for us) until the sun goes down, too. We wanted to enjoy it more than we actually did.

I made a post somewhere a few pages back stating this.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

No staff tried to intervene which we found very disappointing. Had they helped us out, we would have stayed. Guess they don't get customer service.

No staff tried to intervene which we found very disappointing. Had they helped us out, we would have stayed. Guess they don't get customer service.

I'm assuming you reported the problem. If there was no intervention, that is not a good sign. Too bad since it's something new and people are always looking for something to do at night at Dockyard.