Best day pass in nassau

brocksterdanza

We will be there next week and we do not want to spend 179 a piece for atlantis. What day pass would you recommend that would enable us to snorkel and relax on the beach? Thanks everyone

Hi! We purchased a day pass from the Hilton. It comes with a $40 beverage and food credit. It is in walking distance from the pier and you have access to their non-motorized water sports: Kayaks and snorkeling gear.

The Blue Lagoon would be a full day excursion as the ferry takes about 40 minutes and only leaves several times per day.

To combine sight seeing and the beach, the Hilton and Melia are good.

We usually do a beach excursion in the morning and sight see later.

How do you purchase a daypass for the hilton in nassau? Thanks!

Go to resortforaday dot com and find Nassau under destination... You only pay $12 deposit per person and the remainder is paid (with a credit card) the day you arrive... I've used resortforaday many times, they are great. Give it a look!

carefree20 thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it! I always worry about scams when I just do a search for things like that and always better to find out from people who have "been there and done that"! :-)

carefree20 thank you so much for the information, I really appreciate it! I always worry about scams when I just do a search for things like that and always better to find out from people who have "been there and done that"! :-)

You are very welcome! I'll be there in Sept. I'll let you know how it went. I've also used some tour companies that were very reasonable, safe and fun-filled...

Do not do the melia day pass... was cheap at 35 a person, but everything was outragious at resort. The non mechanical water items are not included as some have stated. Only snorkel gear is given and it's only for an hour. Pools are nice, staff was not real friendly. Will definitely do hilton or just fork for atlantis next time.

Do not do the melia day pass... was cheap at 35 a person, but everything was outragious at resort. The non mechanical water items are not included as some have stated. Only snorkel gear is given and it's only for an hour. Pools are nice, staff was not real friendly. Will definitely do hilton or just fork for atlantis next time.

We preferred Melia over the Hilton. Much nicer beach and pools. We are big breakfasts on the ship, so we wouldn't need to buy food. Did the Hilton years ago when it was $15 pp, a much better deal.

My family of four recently ported in Nassau on the Carnival Fantasy. We were looking for a relaxing beach day, but the ship

Excursions didn't have what we wanted. I booked a Melia Day Pass and it was wonderful! My kids (ages 6 and 8) say this was the best part of the cruise! The beach was super nice and not crowded and the pool areas were amazing! The food was the best we had the whole week on the cruise! Great value and very relaxing! Free wifi too! Would do it again!

We booked through BookATourCaribbean.com. Great company!

Julie

Carnival fantasy 6/27/15

Stratcat

Did you have to find your own transportation to Melia? If so how much was that? I like the idea of being able to walk to the Hilton and it is only myself and my young daughter so not very comfortable with finding random taxi :-)

We took bus #10. It was maybe a five minute walk from the port and it $1.25 per person. They don't have change much, so try to have the exact amount. $5 for all four of us was very reasonable. It was maybe a 15 minute ride at the most. When I booked the day pass, they emailed me specific directions on getting the bus to melia. Melia also has free wifi. :)

I almost booked the Hilton day pass as well, so I tried to pay attention to it when we passed. It was close and looked nice, but the beach area was pretty small. Nice, but small. We were looking to kinda get away from some of the crowds.

Stracat

Thank you for the information.....I walked passed the Hilton last cruise I went on and yeah the beach seemed a bit smaller than the pics of Melia and the Melia pools looked nicer which my daughter loves to swim in the pool and the combo of beach and pools is what I am looking for. Plus last time we walked to public beach and was ok but looking for something more.

Ans you would say the bus is safe for single lady w/ daughter? (Overly paranoid mother here lol)

This is what I received earlier this week when I contacted the Hilton directly. It appears that it is a little cheaper to book online than directly at the hotel. The walk is no more than 10 minutes and it is through shopping areas so if you dont get side tracked shopping :-) or if you want to break up the walk it is nice to shop along the way.

"The British Colonial Hilton does offer Day Passes to guests. The price for the Day passes is $65.00 per adult, kids half price (12yrs and under) Kids under 5 eat and play free with paying adult. The Day Pass includes access to the hotel's pool, beach, kayak equipment, towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, and lunch ($40 food and beverage voucher). Day Pass tickets are available for your arrival. Snorkeling is available with your day pass (Snorkel gear ,If available).On your arrival to the hotel, the day passes can be bought at the Front Desk. Please check link for availability and online purchase option, http://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauHiltonResortPass.htm or http://www.resortforaday.com/British-Colonial-Hilton-Day-pass-p/nsnabch.htm. The Day Pass starts from 7 am (lifeguard on duty until 5pm). The Day Passes are only sold with the Food and Beverage voucher and cannot be sold separately from the Day Pass. If you should have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact me. Once again thank you for choosing the British Colonial Hilton.

Tristan Moss | Asst. Guest Services Manager British Colonial Hilton, Number One Bay Street PO Box N-7148, New Providence, The Bahamas Phone

1 (242) 322-3301 | Fax 1(242) 302-9010"

• 2 weeks later...
Brezzie-- did they pick u up from the ship? For Blue Lagoon??

We took a taxi over to Paradise Island and caught the ferry. But the ferry took us straight back to the ship afterwards. It's a beautiful boat ride there and back.

I did Melia last year, $99 for a day room for 2 people. Now, it's $35 per person (don't know if they do the day room). No food or drinks (which are a little pricy and add up). We loved it, the music, the beach was incredible, pool with swim up bar was kinda small. It's a smallish area, compact, which is nice. Less walking. This year, we tried Sandal's. OMG, it was wonderful! Beautiful. $110 per person, but food and drinks are included. You'll have a good time at either.