Then we have to drink more water that is good

But then we will say it's time for more food

Why on Holiday's we think we have to eat and drink more

Family, friends. fun, eat, drink..isn't that what Holiday's are for

We just have to watch our intake these three days

Because you know soon will be the Summer Daze

Have fun this weekend my friends in here

Remember don't drive if you drink the beer

Good Morning Belle - lovely poem as usual!!:)

I am unfortunately (but not unexpected) up 0.4# -- We went to a work conference over the weekend and there is so many ways to enjoy food and drink!:rolleyes:

This long weekend I am finishing scraping down a "popcorn" ceiling then onto "mudding" walls and painting ceilings and then hopefully in the not too distant future I can wallpaper the bedroom. It feels good to see something come together .

Hope everyone had a wonderful week and for all who celebrate have a fantastic holiday. Jan (PS - good luck on the weight loss!)

Good morning, Belle. Sorry I didn't post on the weekend. Weekends are very hectic for me usually.

I am down 2.2 lbs. I am surprised but I am trying hard. Seven more weeks til my cruise and 9 lbs to go to cruise goal weight.

Jan, those weekends away are the worst. Very hard to control what you eat when you have to eat out.

I will be going to a barbecue this weekend, but I am going to eat right because I finally feel like I am making some progress.

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone.

Rose

Somehow managed to start heading back down: -2lbs to 198 this morning. Just trying to limit the carbs and late snacks - it's killing me though.

Getting the bike dusted off as I feel the need to ride now that I'm not getting any remodeling exercise anymore (apparently Jan has taken the torch and is running with it! :D)

Fantastic weather expected this weekend and the grandkids are coming to town so I fully expect to burn some calories babysitting!

Have a good holiday everyone - and for those of you and yours that served:

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!!!

HI all!

shootr ~ lovely blue sky there! The pictures on the earlier thread were amazing too! I have to drive through 2 of those rock cuts (not as tall as those) to get to Town. I'm very wary of them in the winter when they're snow covered with icicles hanging from them.:eek:

I think I'm down a pound so am happy about that. Still a lot to lose & it's stupid but when I see I'm losing a bit then I decide oh maybe I can have a chocolate bar or something, & spoil it.:o

Rose ~ you're doing great! Love that ship you're going on so much I did it twice.

Belle ~ no 3 day weekend here as we had ours last week. Doesn't really matter when you're retired as they're all long weekends!;)

Have a nice weekend.

~ Jo ~ :)

Thanks, Jo. I am trying hard. I'm happy to hear that you loved the Freedom of the Seas. It will be my first time on her and I am really looking forward to it. My three granddaughters will be with me on this cruise, too, so it is extra special. My DD and her DH will be there with their two daughters, and I am taking my oldest granddaughter (9) on her first cruise.

Happy Memorial Day to all. We are a big military family (in fact, my son is currently deployed) so we always try to remember Memorial Day for what it really is. (Then we pig out at the barbecue!)

Rose

All that who have/are serving our

country. Rose tell your son Thank You.

Hope everyone is enjoying what ever

they plan for this weekend.

Be safe..Watch it out there.

There are people who don't think

and drive after having to much to drink

on Holidays. (sorry to say but some any day)

Hope you all had a good weekend and

some of you had a three day.

Hope you had a busy or relaxing one..

depending on what you wanted.

Mine was so-so. Still dealing with

everything.

I tried to start watching my diet better,

didn't do as well as I wanted but better

than I was doing.

Hope to hear from you before weigh-in

and say how your weekend went.

Belle, sorry to hear that you had a rough weekend.

My weekend was good. Pretty relaxing. We went to a barbecue on Saturday and I ate very well. Did not overindulge at all. Sunday was a stay at home day. My DH always watches the Indy 500. Monday, my 7 year old granddaughter marched in her first parade with her Daisy troop. She was adorable and so proud.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend.

Rose

Wow, what an up and down weekend!

Glad you're hanging in there Belle, even though I check the thread a lot I just don't have time to write sometimes.

Friday night I had to take dad to the hospital for what turned out to be a heck of a urinary tract infection - but we got him home Sunday afternoon and he's doing great. Moms hanging tough as always and his followup is Wed to make sure he's on the right track.

On the other hand, had the grandsons and family here all weekend - woohoo -stepson decided he needs a motorcycle but has never ridden before so under the evil eyes of mom and wife, I went to test ride it and get it to the house for him. I've never ridden a cruiser, just sport bikes, but its nice and it was fun!

Then my 16yr old son decided he wanted a road bicycle so he could ride with me, so he found a used one, we picked it up and tuned it up together and got 2 rides in this weekend.

So I am recommitted to ride everyday, eat better, and get myself on dietary track again.

The good thing is I can leave him in the dust - at least for now, but he'll be blowing by me in short order if he puts his mind to it. He's just like his old man so he will, and I'll be the one eating dust. He's got my huge lung capacity (that marching band trumpeting will serve him well) and weighs maybe 120 soaking wet so he's lean and has a perfect cycling physique.

So as dawn breaks this Tue morning, all is right with the world and I am reminded how lucky I am to live in this country amongst people so willing to sacrifice so much for me to do so.