Scooter Accessible Tours in St. Thomas & St. Martin

MICHIGAN MAMA

My problem with any tour is the bus itself. I cannot do the high steps into large buses. The scooter doesn't change that. I had the same problem when I was using the rollator. Therefore I always chose to do a private tour with a small bus, van or car.

My problem with any tour is the bus itself. I cannot do the high steps into large buses. The scooter doesn't change that. I had the same problem when I was using the rollator. Therefore I always chose to do a private tour with a small bus, van or car.

Steps not a problem. Walking a long distance is the problem. Can use any type of stairs, but need to bring the scooter for long distances.

There is a w/c trolley in St Thomas that gives tours. I think it left at 9:00 or 9:30am. I was unable to make contact before arriving so just looked around for it when I got off the ship. Head out the decorative gate and keep going and looking to the street about 11:00 o'clock...that is where I found it.

We will be in St. Thomas and St. Martin and need to find tours of the islands that will allow a scooter on the bus. The scooter can be broken down for storage. Does anyone have experience with this situation?

I have a TravelScoot and was able to take it on all shore excursions in the Caribbean last winter. I see an orthopedist on Thursday...anticipating hip replacement surgery...and am hoping he can do it before we go on our cruise end January. Either way, I'll bring my TravelScoot again!

Archived