Great customer service experience with Carnival

Cruisin 4 Ever

In October 2010 I went on a cruise, three of the ports were cancelled and replaced by 2 others. Carnival gave everyone on board a 20% credit/discount off a future cruise. I just booked one for January 2013. I called today to get the 20% off discount and found out that you had to sail within 2 years (deadline Oct 20102), not just book by then. I dealt with a fantastic and friendly staff person who got permission tomake an exception and she still credited me the 20% off so I saved about 200.00 on my cruise. Yay. They didn't have to do this as it was my error, but were very smart to do so. I was left feeling like they really cared about making me happy and will be all the more likely to book with them again.

Yes, thank you for posting a positive experience. It's a nice change on the boards :D I had a good experience also. We kept going back and forth about whether to sail out of Galveston or New Orleans for our honeymoon. Because it took so long for us to make our decision we missed out on ES and the aft view extended balcony we were wanting. I heard that price drops happened and I got curious and checked on it. There was an aft view balcony available and even though I knew we couldn't OBC I decided to pounce on the newly available cabin. I called a recommended PVP and no only did he do the upgrade for us he did it for free even though I offered to pay extra. I sometimes wonder if a persons attitude has to do with how they are treated by customer services because I have never had a problem and this was a major perk for our honeymoon.

I definitely approached it in a very positive, friendly way. When she told me I was supposed to sail not book by October, I just said "oh no, I must have read it wrong." I didn't ask for her to get an exception, I think she just wanted to help me out. I wanted to share becasue you do hear about the negative experiences but not as many good.

I definitely approached it in a very positive, friendly way. When she told me I was supposed to sail not book by October, I just said "oh no, I must have read it wrong." I didn't ask for her to get an exception, I think she just wanted to help me out. I wanted to share becasue you do hear about the negative experiences but not as many good.

So nice to read about a positive customer service experience.

Thanks for posting your experience.

I think that you approached in the right way and that's why they were willing to help you. I'm sure had you started yelling and screaming, the results would not have been so positive.

I'm a service rep on high end medical equipment. When the customer destroys something through obvious misuse and/or abuse, I have the descretion of making repairs under their service contract or billing them for parts and service. If they tell me straight up that someone goofed or made a mistake, the charges will almost always go to the contract. If they give me a goofy look and say "I don't know how this happened ", then a PO is usually required.

Glad it worked out for you.

In October 2010 I went on a cruise, three of the ports were cancelled and replaced by 2 others. Carnival gave everyone on board a 20% credit/discount off a future cruise. I just booked one for January 2013. I called today to get the 20% off discount and found out that you had to sail within 2 years (deadline Oct 20102), not just book by then. I dealt with a fantastic and friendly staff person who got permission tomake an exception and she still credited me the 20% off so I saved about 200.00 on my cruise. Yay. They didn't have to do this as it was my error, but were very smart to do so. I was left feeling like they really cared about making me happy and will be all the more likely to book with them again.

Good for you! I was on the Lengend on the 10/10/10 and received my 20% off. I am finally using it on the Legend this October. I booked a suite and saved over 400 dollars.

Archived