Celebrity's Website is HORRENDOUS!

CruisingAmazona

Love their ships; love their service, but their website is horrible! How the heck does anyone get on without an error message? I have tried it with Internet Explorer, with Firefox, with Google Chrome and nothing seems to work, I get all sorts of different error systems. Sometimes it's "system is unavailable, try again later" other times it's "reservation number does not exist!" HUH? I have two cruises reserved, both appear on my home page when I initially log in and then all hell breaks lose once I hit "manage my cruise!" UGH!!!! Very very frustrating. I know many have had this problem before and usually it's hit or miss. I just keep getting the "miss" and never the "hit!" Any suggestions out there?

You announce this as though it is some sort of news. :D

I have no suggestions other than "try again later". I've had the same problems, but fortunately it's cooperated when I've needed to print my xpress pass and such.

There are sooooo many complaints about their website. Hopefully Celebrity will take some action to improve it. As you say, other than that, the cruise experience itself is wonderful.

You announce this as though it is some sort of news.:D

Thank you! I've been out of the "CruiseCritic" loop for a while tending to sick parents, and just recently returned to cruising after almost a three year hiatus! I'd forgetten about the wise-crack answers! I thought that only happened in Carnival's boards! I guess not.

Thanks anyway, I will keep trying until I get a hit.

Gave up on the Website long ago (our first booking was back in 2011)

Quickly figured out that the Phone Reps did a decent job... Especially if you were polite to them (can only imagine how much complaining they hear in a day)

Plus they send out Confirmations bt email immediately... That is all you really need to get on the ship... Learned by accident (we were on an extended trip) that everything else can be handled in good order at the pier

Celebrity is much more of a Customer Service Co when you think of them in the old fashioned people present sense. True for the phone reps, check in, and on the ship itself. And as the cruise is the most important part for me, I can live with that

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Thank you! I've been out of the "CruiseCritic" loop for a while tending to sick parents, and just recently returned to cruising after almost a three year hiatus! I'd forgetten about the wise-crack answers! I thought that only happened in Carnival's boards! I guess not.

Thanks anyway, I will keep trying until I get a hit.

It's just that this topic is posted on almost every day, and the problems have been going on forever. Since you've been away, you probably don't know this. We have all bemoaned the website issues which show no signs of being fixed. A quick look down the boards will confirm the many posts on this.

No malice was intended by the poster above, trust me. . .

Edited by CathyCruises

We all feel your pain. Hang around and you will see multiple posts every day on this same issue. Also a few by people who say "gee, I have no problems". But the going rate is about 20 to 1, problems to none. The answer really wasn't a wise crack -- it was just a recognition that the problem persists, and persists, and persists, and almost every attempt to fix the website just makes it worse.

Thank you, Cathy. I truly did not mean any malice.

My suggestion was to try again later as that is what works for me.

If the OP had not been looking for offence, perhaps he/she would have found my answer. Anyway. Good luck to you OP.

I too didn't see any malice in your post AMBERCASCADES... Certainly the *huge grin* emotion showed you were light hearted

Even my own opening statement "Gave up on the Website long ago (our first booking was back in 2011)", I thought echoed your thoughts on the situation

3 Years and counting !!!!

I feel for the OP...

But as we've all said (in our own way) this is not new

Or news to any of us here on the CC Celebrity Board (nor is it something that Celebrity is not also aware of) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2096228

So WHY isn't being fixed one and for all is beyond comprehension

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

It's just that this topic is posted on almost every day, and the problems have been going on forever. Since you've been away, you probably don't know this. We have all bemoaned the website issues which show no signs of being fixed. A quick look down the boards will confirm the many posts on this.

No malice was intended by the poster above, trust me. . .

Yes, I'm sure of that. I guess I won't ask about the "Classic Beverage Package" then! LOL:)

Thank you, Cathy. I truly did not mean any malice.

My suggestion was to try again later as that is what works for me.

If the OP had not been looking for offence, perhaps he/she would have found my answer. Anyway. Good luck to you OP.

No offense taken! Thanks.

It's been a very long and tedious three years, and I just finished a six-week trial which was tedious in and of itself, so 74 days of waiting for my first cruise in 3 years, after almost 40, I almost want to be on the website every day to make it seem real!

Edited by CruisingAmazona

Yes, I'm sure of that. I guess I won't ask about the "Classic Beverage Package" then! LOL:)

Lol, good one.

But actually, the Bevvy Pkgs are in decent shape these days, and that is because someone at Celebrity actually listened...

Their Social Media CC person CELEBRITY CRUISES official Rep even posted a very comprehensive listing back in May 2014 after the last round of changes

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2048745

Cheers!

Much more cooperation on that issue vs the Website and this classic reply (# 35) = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2089472&page=2

Or this one... reply # 20 = http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2094145&highlight=website+poll

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Love their ships; love their service, but their website is horrible! How the heck does anyone get on without an error message? I have tried it with Internet Explorer, with Firefox, with Google Chrome and nothing seems to work, I get all sorts of different error systems. Sometimes it's "system is unavailable, try again later" other times it's "reservation number does not exist!" HUH? I have two cruises reserved, both appear on my home page when I initially log in and then all hell breaks lose once I hit "manage my cruise!" UGH!!!! Very very frustrating. I know many have had this problem before and usually it's hit or miss. I just keep getting the "miss" and never the "hit!" Any suggestions out there?

Yes, horrendous is a great word!

I just don't understand Celebrity's response to these constant issues. They've known about the horrible website for many months, if not years, but they just don't seem to care. There's no excuse for a website for such a large company to be basically non-functional for this long a time.

Maybe they're making enough money, with all their budget cutting and charters, so they don't give a rat's patoot.

For us it leads to booking everything we can through private vendors, like shore excursions. I spend too much money to leave my plans to an unreliable source. In this day and age there is no excuse. Period. I love their product of sailing.They would make more money if they stopped running IT from Grandma's basement and spent some money.

This is my first cruise with Celebrity, I have cruised many times with 5 other lines and have never experienced anything even close to this. For 3 weeks the message was that the system could not access my reservation at the moment. Then yesterday it changed, the new message tells me that the reservation number is incorrect. I find this unbelievable since the reservation number is displayed on the screen, I did not enter it. I think maybe Celebrity needs to bring in a 10 year old geek to fix their site. Very frustrating. I will be sailing for 29 days this cruise, have 14 tours booked, none through their lousy site, so they lost all that revenue from me. Thank goodness for Cruise Critic members organizing private tours.

Brenda

Actually I do have a suggestion. The site seems to have trouble with cookies, and make my browser show old errors. So from time to time I delete all cookies related to Celebrity. And things are often restored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did not work for me and finally just booked with Princess for my next cruise , although I am on the Constellation next week...just horrible to work with...my current booking was initiated on the internet and cannot be accessed for some reason to change or add things, without a phone call and long hold times...adding a premium booze package and 5 night dining package took hours on the phone. It should have been a mouse click or two and a credit card number.

My biggest complaint is when you are trying to find out what cabins are available on a specific cruise. We were looking at similar cruises on both Celebrity and Princess. On the Princess website they would show the deck you wanted and showed all the cabins on that deck. All the cabins that were already booked were marked as such. So if you found a cabin, you could reserve or book it. On Celebrity's site you first need to have a copy of the deck plan or a list of cabin numbers you want. You then one at a time type the cabin number you want to see if available. This can take forever. Note to Celebrity use Princess' format, it's so much easier.