Diamond warning

chefajax

Hi to All,

Just back from the Diamond (3/5). All went well til the end. We docked at 7 am, first call to disembark was at 8:30, that was good, but we had Silver 3 (Dolphin Deck) We, finally, got called at 11:50. Then Customs delayed that further, finally out the doors by 12:35. Many people had flights out but what happened to them I would only have to guess. Word of warning, ALLOW time for delays. I was told this is the norm on times by one of the staff.....Dennis

It sounds like Customs delayed the disembarkation... not something Princess has control over. Also, Princess recommends that people make flights after Noon. I know that many people have posted that they've made it to the airport much earlier but you should really take that with a grain of salt and the above as a forewarning that you could very possibly miss your flight if you book earlier.

Early disembarkation tags were given to those with early flights. About halfway through the cruise, passengers were asked via the daily programs to bring proof of early flights to one of the desks sometime that day. We did, and when we disembarked a few days later, we were off the ship by 9:15 and through Immigration by 10:00.

So -- if you need them, be sure to request the early disembarkation tags in advance.

Well that's not a "DIAMOND Warning", that's a CUSTOMS Warning... They can and DO cause delays on all ships & lines at some point. You always have to allow for those delays and that's why they tell you to never book early flights.

I have to agree that disembarcation in San Pedro can be delayed. On my Diamond cruise last year they did not start disembarcation until almost 11:00 a.m. and the process for taxis was a nighmare. But again each week is different and generally you should be able to make a 12:00 flight with no traffic problems...

Good luck!!

Archived