Barcelona Spain transfer to Ruby Princess

Has anyone taken this transfer after arranging your own airfare? Thinking about taking the transatlantic from Barcelona to Ft. L in late Nov. All comments will be appreciated. Senior travellers / first time to Barcelona airport. Thanks, highseasally

Personally, I would always fly in a day early. Hotels in Barcelona are relatively inexpensive compared to other cities in Europe. But that is another question.

I would and did take a taxi. The airport is about 20 minutes from the port. You can check on the Europe forum for current prices and maybe more specific directions from your airline to the taxi stand. If you are worried about a language barrier, come with a picture of the cruise ship and the port address you are cruising from.

I would not try to do this by public transportation.

We're on that cruise. We're arriving in Barcelona on the Wednesday and had planned on booking the hotel & transfers through Princess (for convenience more than anything else), except they can't give us the two nights at the cheaper hotel, only the night before is available. The girl I spoke to offered to "wait list" us for the first night :rolleyes:.

Suffice it to say, we're booking our own hotel (and saving a chunk of change in the process). The hotel I'm booking offers a private car service which is still more than what I'd like to pay so we're probably going to end up with a cab.

A travel agent friend of ours suggested a shared transfer, but I really don't want to have to wait for other people, or make them wait for us.

In Barcelona it is cheaper, faster, and just nicer to walk outside of the terminal building and grab a taxi. The cost from airport to port will be no more then 35 Euros (per taxi) and often somewhat cheaper if traffic is light and you have an honest driver :)

Hank

My wife and I have taken this cruise on the "Ruby" and just loved every part of the cruise. Like others we flew in two days early which gave us an opportunity to see the city, and used a taxi from the airport to our hotel which I found on line. I did use Princess to get to the airport after the cruise. As "seniors" I was happy for them to handle our suitcases and like everything else with Princess is was flawless.

Archived