Sailaways

Antmadmanda

I have been on many p and o sailaways and it doesn't matter which ship you go on its the same tape , I know whats going tobe played next . I find p and o to be very predictable. I will be visiting oriana in June and hopefully they have changed the tape.

I'd say that isn't always the case, we were on Oriana several years ago and the Cruise Director, Michael Mullane, came in to the theatre one night and made up a play list with the help of the audience for the following evening's Great British sailaway.

For normal sailaways I think it much depends what the DJ and entertainments team have practised/rehearsed.

Well I have to disagree with you I have been moored alongside Mein Shiff 1 and a large number of hire passengers were more than friendly towards us waving over and dancing on her upper deck not all the music is Dambusters and Land of Hope and Glory and when it comes to Arrogance the Germans can exhibit their own level of that.

Not when you have the dj on the microphone screaming "lets show the Germans who won the war " totally uncalled for and cringeworthy.

Sorry if this upsets anyone. It just seems a bit 'holiday camp' to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm with you there. But then the whole P&O experience is a bit holiday camp.

Heard one passenger say they thought it was better than a 5* hotel, clearly they have never availed themselves of the facilities and food offered by a 5 star.

The simple answer is if you don't like it don't sail with P&O there are plenty of other cruise lines out there looking for your money, I don't think P&O will go bust because a few people think the GBS lowers the tone withdraw their custom as I have said previously going by the attendance at The GBS plenty enjoy it. and as far as holiday Camps and Butlins are concerned I have never had a holiday in such an establishment but I know a member of people who have had excellent holidays there. Bearing in mind the majority of DJs are English perhaps it is the English trying to remind the Germans who won the war and not the British..

Not sure why you bother to cruise P & O if you think it is so awful. It suits a great many people. It may not be 5 star but it is very good value for money. We paid less than £60 pppn on our last cruise. A 5 star hotel would cost a lot more than that with no food or entertainment.

Lol is a sail away really something worth getting upset over? I thought it was all rather amusing

I'm a regular Butlins holidayer and I think the P&O food is tons better than Butlins, but Butlins entertainment is better overall IMO

They both contra each other out for me. Different holidays with different expectations but both great at their own thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk