How excited do you get about cruise things

asda

It it just me or are other people as sad

People often make fun of train spotters . I used to love plane spotting we would go to manchester airport aviation park and watch all the planes , but now if we are on a land based holiday I am always looking out at the sea seeing if I can spot any ships.

Last year we were in lowerstoft I was stood at the hotel bedroom window with binoculars trying to see ships going to the fjords . ( I dd see some tankars)

Minorca just got into hotel and I heard a cruise ships hooter thing. I had to rush done to port go see which ship it was.

Lanzarote got up really early to see if I could see ships arriving in the distance ( I did see some all lit up)

And guess what I even get excited when I see a evesway coach on the motorway with a p&o ships name on the front.

Such a relief to read your post - thought I was the only one!

We live in South Wales and we regularly take a jaunt to Southampton to see the ships, which we did over Easter. Or to Heathrow for the planes.

One of the best birthday gifts from my husband? A pair of binoculars and a weekend on the Thames under the flight path, watching the planes!!! I'm such a simple creature.

Nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about things and making lists of stuff etc etc. It is not sad. What is sad is people who don't have any hobbies or interests beyond smoking, gambling, drinking, football and beating up their partners.

i have a model railway, so what, if it is good enough for Rod Stewart it is good enough for me :D

as for cruises, i am a bit obsessed with cruise forums and watching the live ships maps etc.

Only 2 weeks to go to Venice :D

Nothing wrong with being enthusiastic about things and making lists of stuff etc etc. It is not sad. What is sad is people who don't have any hobbies or interests beyond smoking, gambling, drinking, football and beating up their partners.

i have a model railway, so what, if it is good enough for Rod Stewart it is good enough for me :D

as for cruises, i am a bit obsessed with cruise forums and watching the live ships maps etc.

Only 2 weeks to go to Venice :D

My brother in law is a train spotter ( diesel trains) he goes every where. i don't think he writes them down numbers anymore. I like riding on steam trains.

We took him and his wife on a 2 night cruise on oceana he enjoyed it especially the train from blankenburg to burgers.

But he couldn't understand why we traveled all the way from Bolton to southampton to go on a 4 night celebrity cruise to cork when we could have flown there in a hour.

I have been known to go on ship-picture-taking expeditions to Southampton. From Yorkshire. I even went down last spring specifically to take some pictures of Royal Princess on her arrival.

Royal%2520Princess%252006Jun2013_1200_1378.jpg

I would love to live near Southampton so that I could see all the ships coming and leaving port and have considered a trip to Southampton just to see the ships (we live near Durham). My sister has an apartment in Montenegro, just inside of the bay of Kotor and I made up a little booklet for her a few years back with all the ships that would be sailing in on their way to Kotor. I included details about each ship, i.e. size, capacity, year ship was built, last port of call and future port of call etc. She laughed at me the first time I did this but each year she now asks me for her 'cruise log'.

What is sad is people who don't have any hobbies or interests beyond smoking, gambling, drinking, football and beating up their partners.

What a strange comment.

Smoking gives people pleasure, albeit unhealthy and addictive.

Gambling is a hobby of many, some lose control sadly.

Drinking is similar to smoking but also it can be sociable.

Football, playing or watching is a great hobby or interest.

Beating up their partners, totally unacceptable but not necessarily connected to the aforementioned, not sure it can be classed as a hobby or interest either.

What a strange comment.

Smoking gives people pleasure, albeit unhealthy and addictive.

Gambling is a hobby of many, some lose control sadly.

Drinking is similar to smoking but also it can be sociable.

Football, playing or watching is a great hobby or interest.

Beating up their partners, totally unacceptable but not necessarily connected to the aforementioned, not sure it can be classed as a hobby or interest either.

Not so strange if you frequent some of the public bars I have been in :eek:

Perhaps i should elaborate. By football i don't mean the true football fan but the typical tribal yobbo.

I"m feeling quite excited right now, as it happens - I've just spotted that Oasis of the Seas (Oasis of the Seas!) will be in Southampton on 15 October, before setting out on a transatlantic crossing to Florida (with an intermediate call at Vigo). According to the RC website, her time of arrival in Southampton is 10am and not the crack of dawn, but she won't be leaving until midnight. She'll be at City terminal.

Also in Southampton that day will be Saga Sapphire (QEII); MSC Magnifica (Mayflower) and Arcadia (Ocean). So a busy day and an interesting one, with a variety of ships.

Err - I do actually drive to Southampton to see ships I haven't seen before and check in advance which ships will be in ports I am visiting so I can be up early to watch them arrive! Sad - maybe, but my friend is as bad if not worse - she even bought a flat overlooking Southampton Water so she could watch the ships!!

Err - I do actually drive to Southampton to see ships I haven't seen before and check in advance which ships will be in ports I am visiting so I can be up early to watch them arrive! Sad - maybe, but my friend is as bad if not worse - she even bought a flat overlooking Southampton Water so she could watch the ships!!

That's not sad Sharon! That's my retirement plan!!

That explains a lot :)

No wonder you were always on deck before us!