Honeymoon/ upgrade of room

beansy57

Hello all

Having booked a honeymoon cruise to dubai this year, I was originally booked to a stateroom with balcony on deck 7 E3, room no unknown at that point. Now having gone on rcl website I have been assigned room 8166 on deck 8, E1, at the aft of the vessel, question is what is the difference if any as I can't find any after doing a bit of research, also it states that there is an joining room, 8164, will someone else be assigned this room? Also is there any perks on a rcl ship whilst on honeymoon ??? The ship is the serenade of the seas.

Regards

Beansy57

The difference between rooms in the "E" category is mostly location.

Of course they will sell the adjoining room.

There won´t be any perks for being on your honeymoon. Almost everybody onboard will celebrate something like anniversaries, birthdays, divorces, honeymoons....., so the only thing they will do for you is whatever you pay for.

There might be a honeymooners get together, so check the cruise compass if interested, but that´s likely the furthest they will go.

If RCI know that you are on honeymoon then yes there will be 'perks'. At least there were some for us 6 years ago ! We got a complimentary bottle of fizz and choc dipped strawberries when we embarked. A complimentary photo in a RCI picture frame. We also got other nibbles delivered to the room at various times throughout the cruise. I think it was similar to the romance package that you can purchase.

Enjoy your honeymoon :)

No extra perks for us on the freedom last year. You can order.champagne and chocolate covered strawberries from gifts and gear. And if you go to the honeymooners get together you get free champage (which we saw them at the bar filling the glasses halfway with champagne and topping them off with soda water), 1-2 chocolate covered strawberries and cake. They do raffle off some prizes and have music playing afterwards.

do NOT assume you will get ANYTHING that you yourself do not directly order/request.

yes the adjoining cabin will be sold. with both doors shut and locked between the cabins there should be minimal noise. placing a rolled towel along the bottom of the door should also help

Sounds like you booked a guarantee. If you are unhappy with the adjoining room and location - you can call to have your location changed, as long as you stay in the same category you were assigned there will not be an additional charge.

The OP is from London which I assume is London UK.

AFAIK the rules about guarantees in the UK are different and a change of cabin is not possible without any additional charges.

the difference between rooms in the "e" category is mostly location.

Of course they will sell the adjoining room.

There won´t be any perks for being on your honeymoon. Almost everybody onboard will celebrate something like anniversaries, birthdays, divorces :p, honeymoons....., so the only thing they will do for you is whatever you pay for.

There might be a honeymooners get together, so check the cruise compass if interested, but that´s likely the furthest they will go.

funny

I haven't looked exactly where you are now assigned, but be glad they moved you up a deck. The trouble with the Radiance Class ships, which include the Serenade is that many Deck 7 balcony cabins, although they do not call them obstructed, to me they are. If you do a google search, you will see many people are upset with their Deck 7 balconies, where they (and we too experienced this on our first Jewel balcony), cannot see down to the water due to the large white overhang covering the lifeboats. I would never ever ever book a deck 7 balcony unless I know for sure that its either on the hump or in the small section of cabins that do not have the lifeboats below. If you are sitting and looking afar, it is fine.

If RCI know that you are on honeymoon then yes there will be 'perks'. At least there were some for us 6 years ago ! We got a complimentary bottle of fizz and choc dipped strawberries when we embarked. A complimentary photo in a RCI picture frame. We also got other nibbles delivered to the room at various times throughout the cruise. I think it was similar to the romance package that you can purchase.

There used to be free cakes for your birthday too, but alas, no more.

Wow, that does sound like the romance package. It almost makes me wonder if, unbeknown to you, somebody bought the package for you. there should have been a card, but such things can be lost.

Wow, that does sound like the romance package. It almost makes me wonder if, unbeknown to you, somebody bought the package for you. there should have been a card, but such things can be lost.

That's what I was thinking. We got a bottle of champagne once on a cruise and never did find out who sent it. Guessing maybe the TA but really don't know.

To all that replied

Thanks for the info re my honeymoon, seems if I do get any extras then I will be extremely lucky but I'm not holding out now !!!..... As a first time cruiser, seems the room I was allocated is a step up from deck 7 so I'm happy.

Beansy57

no it was definitely a freebie from RCI. I am so certain because we had to fax a copy of or wedding invite to them to prove that we were getting married and would be on honeymoon. And yes there was a card ( which i still have somewhere) wishing us a happy honeymoon from RCI. On the last formal night the waiters serenaded us and gave both of us a desert with 'happy honeymoon' wrote in choc sauce !

no it was definitely a freebie from RCI. I am so certain because we had to fax a copy of or wedding invite to them to prove that we were getting married and would be on honeymoon. And yes there was a card ( which i still have somewhere) wishing us a happy honeymoon from RCI. On the last formal night the waiters serenaded us and gave both of us a desert with 'happy honeymoon' wrote in choc sauce !

Must be a freebie that they have done away with...I was on Serenade for my honeymoon in 2008 and received nothing special...there was a honeymooners party with cake and champagne, but it conflicted with the C&A welcome back party, so we only went to the very end of it.

Must be a freebie that they have done away with...I was on Serenade for my honeymoon in 2008 and received nothing special...there was a honeymooners party with cake and champagne, but it conflicted with the C&A welcome back party, so we only went to the very end of it.

Same here for our 2012 cruise, nothing other than the party with champagne and cake.

Archived