Target Red Card = $112.50 Off

kurukthemal

It took some work, but after getting 45 Disney $50 gift cards and using my Target Red card, we saved $112.50 off our cruise with the 5% discount. Bless the people who work at the travel agency that were willing to process all 45 cards. That plus the $150 OBC from them wasn't a bad deal. Now it's just the waiting!

45 was just for the balance, it would have been 72 for the whole thing! :confused:

The discount was from Target via their Red Card which gives you 5% off everything including the Disney gift cards they sell. The problem or challenge is that they only sell the $50 denomination, so it takes purchasing quite a few for a $2,000+ cruise. It might be a no brainer, but you need to pay off the balance or you loss the discount when the APR is applied too (and actually wind up paying substantially more).

It was an interesting experience because I had a discussion with a co-worker about the "would it be worth it" aspect of the challenge. I then came to the realization that while I might make a decent wage, $112 is still $112. That adds up to a least a few drinks or a few souvenirs for my girls that are now "free."

If you live in Pittsburgh tri state area where there are Giant Eagle grocery stores, you can join the 'free' fuel perks program. several times a year they offer double fuel perks on gift card purchases, believe one is still running thru Wednesday.

For every $50 gift card, normally $.20 off 30 gallons of gas, ups to $.40 during the special:)

I always purchase them thru a CC for rewards (working a SWA one currently). Bought two $500 disney cards (online, didn't even have to run to the store) and enjoying that 'free' gas in my tank.

• 2 weeks later...
If this gets posted too much they will cancel the availability of doing this....

I work for Target and don't see why this would be an issue. For one, Disney could care less what you paid for your gift card as long as it's valid. Target is able to give the 5% everyday because the RedCard is the in-house card and since they don't have to pay the transaction fee to say Visa or MC, they simply give it to the guest.

Also, bear in mind that there is also a debit RedCard that debits purchases from a checking account. It's only usable at Target, but it has all the same benefits (including 5% off) as the credit version with no credit check or APR.

-End Company Pitch- ;)

And if you participate in their Pharmacy Rewards program, for every 5 prescriptions you get filled, they send you a coupon for a 5% savings on your purchases for one full day.

So, you can use your Red Card and get 5% off and

you then get another 5% off that balance, totaling not quite 10% off.

It works, have done this twice in the last two months myself.

With my OBB credit and my discounts on the gift cards from Target, I will save approximately $675 on the cost of my cruise.

Archived