Communicating with home from the Breakaway

mikenpatti

First I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. We will be cruising on the Breakaway in June and are getting all of our ducks in a row so to speak. We are leaving our two children at home and would like to keep in contact with them while onboard. So....does anyone have any advice as to how best to do this? What are the current charges for internet service? We used it on the Dawn a few years back and remember it being a wee bit sluggish. Does the Breakaway have any advanced technology improvements that will help with that?

Thank you...

First I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. We will be cruising on the Breakaway in June and are getting all of our ducks in a row so to speak. We are leaving our two children at home and would like to keep in contact with them while onboard. So....does anyone have any advice as to how best to do this? What are the current charges for internet service? We used it on the Dawn a few years back and remember it being a wee bit sluggish. Does the Breakaway have any advanced technology improvements that will help with that?

Thank you...

I've read in some threads, non BA, that the rate for calling home was only $1.99 per minute which is reduced from more significant charges from days gone by. Not sure if this is true for BA and will probably have to wait to hear from those returning from these first sailings. There will also be wifi at the Dockyard, again at reduced rates from the ships expensive and sluggish version.

Thank you...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38381031#post38381031

Check out post #6356

Phone calls to home through Iconcierge app only $0.79/minute!!!

Thank you for the info.

Very interested in the IConcierge app. Has anyone used it on Epic? I understand that you must download it to your phone and register...what do you need to do next to get going? Also is it true that you can call from cell to cell onboard...ie if hubby is in the gym and I want to stay listening to the reggae band on my lounge chair by the pool with a pina colada and....whoops...got a little sidetracked. ;-)

Still wondering also what the current internet charges or packages onboard are? Can anyone report in on that?

Thank you for the info.

Very interested in the IConcierge app. Has anyone used it on Epic? I understand that you must download it to your phone and register...what do you need to do next to get going? Also is it true that you can call from cell to cell onboard...ie if hubby is in the gym and I want to stay listening to the reggae band on my lounge chair by the pool with a pina colada and....whoops...got a little sidetracked. ;-)

Still wondering also what the current internet charges or packages onboard are? Can anyone report in on that?

Dont know the answers....maybe this will help:

http://www.ncl.com/iconcierge/terms

Archived