Tauck Waterways Tour 7/13/16 Fireworks in Paris

Born to Read

Greetings:

We will be arriving Paris 7/10 to enjoy the city on our own before our departure 7/15. Thought a group of us watching fireworks 7/14 would be memorable. Not fixed on planning out details yet. Fireworks start at 11 and as per other websites, all transportation stops between 11-1AM. TA forums suggest picnicking in the park early afternoon and hunkering down. Not thrilled with idea of giving up a major part of the day. If any of you have visited the city before and wish to gather in an appropriate spot convienent to our hotel, let's start discussing.

Was also considering ballet tickets at Grandier. Anyone else arriving early and wish to go? Not so sure my husband will jump at the chance ;-)

We are staying near the Cathedral on the Island upon our arrival. My husband studied in Paris for a year and he loved the park at the end of the island.

My first trip. So much to see...so little time! Corny, but very true.

Following cruise we are going to Little Paris within Strasbourg and traveling along the Rheine by train and ferry for a week. Has anyone else considered extending their trip? Please share.

Looking forward to Tauck's River Cruise. We went to Alaska last summer on Princess line.

FYI: We are from the Princeton area.