Honey...I'm home : ) (off Grandeur)

Wow...getting out a Freeport was a nightmare...lol. Not sure RCCL could have done any more than they could though. Our 4pm flight finally arrived around 11 something last night in Baltimore. There are going to be horror stories....one plane sat at Freeport airport filled with passengers for 5 hours and I don't know why. An entire flight had their baggage lost. (they had a layover I think). Once we got to Bmore it was great except for the hotel checkin which was our final line to stand in after a very very long day.

They had a very nice set up at the airport...every 10 feet or so we were lead along the way and welcome by a standing RCCL rep. Welcome home..we are glad to see you. Hotel rooms were offered..$125 pp for incidentals will be refunded to us with reciepts. The Port of Baltimore is refunding our entire parking stay...you go BMORE!!!

Finally time to cut the umbilicial cord now. My DH and I are leaving in 30 mins to finish our vacation on the beach in OCMD. We got a really nice room. We made some very good friends thru this ordeal. In fact I think we had a very nice pizza/wine/beer party in the lobby of the hotel until after 2am.

I will be happy to answer any questions : )

Thanks for posting! It is good to hear that RCI took care of everyone to the best of their ability.

Enjoy OCMD! Been there many times and it is a nice vacation spot.

Welcome Home and I'm glad you all are arriving back from Freeport safely if not, timely. Thank you for posting from the Grandeur and giving the updates!;) I know it's probably not the way you thought your vacation would end but I feel you all were truly blessed from the time you stepped onto the ship... clearly, you were in good hands!:)

Did they allow those that wanted to stay in the Bahamas for the rest of their vacation the opportunity? While the port area is not that great, there are some nice resorts in Grand Bahama.

We did ask if we could stay in the Bahamas until Friday but that was not allowed. I'm sure you could've chosen to do that and made your own arrangements to fly home. I did not hear the explosion but I did know that there was one when the glass blew. There is a cruise critic member who did hear the explosion I'm not sure if they will post.

We did ask if we could stay in the Bahamas until Friday but that was not allowed. I'm sure you could've chosen to do that and made your own arrangements to fly home. I did not hear the explosion but I did know that there was one when the glass blew. There is a cruise critic member who did hear the explosion I'm not sure if they will post.

I read that some guests were going to take a ferry back to Miami. Are there still guests on Grandeur, or is Royal putting them up in local hotels?

Wow! I'm so sorry it took you so long to get home. There was line after line in that airport :). I was on the 3pm and got to the airport around 7. We sat on the tarmac a LONG time. The pilot sounded annoyed and kept saying they were on "Bahama" time. They had to reload our luggage, I think they didn't know how to load a large plane. Then we had to wait for the passenger manifest, which the pilot said they always do before you board the plane but that we were in the Bahamas and they do things differently there. Then there was a long wait for luggage.

But like you said throughout the process the RC staff was there guiding us. I don't think they could have done a better job, they can't control how the airport is run.

That was definitely a vacation to remember. Glad you are back safely and getting some time at my favorite beach.

All of the interviews I have heard have had high praise for RCI. Everyone was remarking how the crew were efficient, calm, and helpful. Kudos to Royal Caribbean.

Archived