Opinions appreciated

rover11

I have cruised once, on Disney with the grandkids. I would like to try another cruise line to the Caribbean and have a few "musts" i am looking for. We like movies under the stars, decent coffee at 6 am, good food, and late night snacking. What do you think?

Thank you LHT.

I think i solved my coffee problem by planning on bringing our small coffeemaker. those are allowed arent they?

I plan on spending around 1000, give or take each of us for a 7 night cruise, less for 5 nights. My two favorite times on my last cruise were having coffee on my balcony at 6 am, and watching a late night movies on the big screen under the stars with a glass of wine.

Thanks for the heads up about the coffee maker.

On the Disney Dream, we used to get some fresh chicken fingers, fries, and pizza and settle in and watch the big screen. It was probably around 11 o clock or so. Memories!

Not sure on coffee makers maybe on the UK ships

Room service will deliver coffee when you want it

snacks ...we are usually full from dinner never thought of food late at night ;)

Not sure if NCL have MUTS but might fit the budget

Enjoy

I have cruised once, on Disney with the grandkids. I would like to try another cruise line to the Caribbean and have a few "musts" i am looking for. We like movies under the stars, decent coffee at 6 am, good food, and late night snacking. What do you think?

Princess basically has what your want! You would need to consider buying a coffee card. Otherwise, you'd be fine.

The IC (International Café) is open 24 hours a day so no problem with late night snacking. :)

LuLu

Thank you LHT.

I think i solved my coffee problem by planning on bringing our small coffeemaker. those are allowed arent they?

I plan on spending around 1000, give or take each of us for a 7 night cruise, less for 5 nights. My two favorite times on my last cruise were having coffee on my balcony at 6 am, and watching a late night movies on the big screen under the stars with a glass of wine.

Consider bringing a french press which is what my wife does.

You just need boiling water which you can get from room service.

Keith

Princess basically has what your want! You would need to consider buying a coffee card. Otherwise, you'd be fine.

The IC (International Café) is open 24 hours a day so no problem with late night snacking. :)

LuLu

That's HER preference too.

Princess with a coffee card.

If you are just wanting coffee in the morning just order a pot of coffee from room service. All ships have that. Carnival has "MUTS" with free popcorn and the 24 hour pizza spot is, well, always open. Also they have late night snacks in different areas of the ship on various nights.

Another opinion

Royal Caribbean also has outdoor screens on some of their ships. Check them out. Had lots of fun on their ships.

My opinion of Princess coffee is yuck - the worst on all the lines I've sailed, even the pay coffee. On the other hand, their outdoor movie showing was fun.

Also their room service breakfast was the worst - a big surprise to me. Loved their pizza.

It is funny, what seems so important when planning a cruise especially on a cruiseline unfamiliar to a passenger sometimes turns out to be not important at all. Plans I've made to do certain activities -- did something else instead that seemed better at the time.

But happy sailing whatever you decide.:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

IF you decide on Princess go with their coffee card. It is a good deal. Their regular coffee is not great but we also feel that way about HAL,Celebrity.NCL, Carnival coffee.

On our FEb Princess cruise we started every morning with one or two each caps with a double shot in the International Cafe. The server did not punch our card for a regular filter coffee order. The swill in the MDR, buffet, and room service is not good.

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke with a travel agent yesterday to learn more about benefits of a travel agent vs. the web site. She told me that the travel agents can have discounts available not offered through the web sites. As we have cruised with Disney, she told me that she can help identify similar levels of service or product available. She said that we can take advantage of deals offered through the cruise line and then we can choose to have a travel agent follow the reservation.