La Quinta Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport or Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North?????

Bargeo

Am trying to decide between these hotels for a one night precruise in January. Could someone please evaluate them for me? Which one is in the safest area? Which one has good restaurants close by? Shopping for last minute supplies and maybe a bottle of wine or two?? Which hotel is the nicest overall......clean, good service, swim pool, etc??? Your help is much appreciated!!!!!:) :) :)

I can't comment on the LaQuinta, but the Hampton Inn FLL Airport North was EXCELLENT for our pre-cruise stay in May. The shuttle service, front desk, lobby/breakfast attendant could not have been nicer. We will definitely be staying again should we be fortunate enough to cruise from FLL again. I felt completely safe in the area. There was a Winn Dixie (with fair wine selection) located just across a side street in a shopping center. Good luck with your choice.

We stayed at the LaQuinta and it was very nice. We've stayed at both hotels and both are good choices. I think the LaQuinta is newer and it has beautiful rooms. Both have the same type breakfast buffet. The neighborhoods seemed safe at both hoels.

I'd say maybe give an edge to the Hampton Inn since it's closer to the shopping area to buy last minute items, but there was a KMart close to the LaQuinta that you could buy almost anything you would need except wine:) . (Don't know if there was a party store nearby for that).

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the positive responses to both hotels. Sounds like either one would be fine for a one night precruise. I am wondering if there is anywhere close to the LaQuinta to buy wine?? The friends we are traveling with consider this an important amenity.;) :p

Thanks Barego, for asking this ? its the one I was going to ask. A couple more ? for those of you have stayed at either. We are stayin 1 night pre-cruise in Oct. getting in late, flight arrives at 9:15 pm is there any place close by the Hampton or Quinta for a snack. Also are there other breakfast places if we do not want continental in AM. We also want to get some bottled water to take on ship are the stores within walking distance?

And has anyone used Priceline for the hotels, prices you paid? Thanks for any help

We've stayed at both and there are restaurants near the LaQuinta but I'm not sure they are open by the time you arrive. The Hampton Inn has a couple of fast food restaurants across the parking lot for that kind of snack, but otherwise I'm not sure what's around there. As for breakfast, we never tried looking elsewhere. The breakfast for both hotels was very good.

You can buy bottled water at the grocery store near the Hampton Inn and there is a KMart near the LaQuinta.

Archived