Big Changes for Allure of the Seas: Sister Ship But NOT a Carbon Copy!

You know, I stayed at a hotel recently with an iPod dock. When I first put my iPhone in it said "not compatible" ... but the MP3s played just fine, and it charged the battery! So I'd bet it'll probably work with the iPhone (and will let you know if we can find out for certain).

I wonder if the iPod dock will work with the iPhone... I know a lot of those things don't work with both items which always puzzles me, it is the same port, isn't it?:confused:

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting. Before, I really didn't care which ship we sailed on... I just wanted to be on ANY Oasis class ship. But these proposed changes kind of seal the deal for me. DH and I hate seafood and LOVE Mexican food (and the price is much better!), and I love the idea of a free hotdog stand. That makes the most sense anyway on a boardwalk.

It's not as if any of the changes are incredibly dramatic, but it does help in choosing which ship we'd prefer to sail on just for the fact that the Allure would have more of what we want.

I am much more excited about the Guess store than Coach...

They should make these changes to the Oasis...I like the idea of the sausage place much better than the donuts...

Do they charge for the donuts?

Originally Posted by tracyanns viewpost.gif

I like the idea of the sausage place much better than the donuts...

Am I the only one who found this extremely funny???

Sounds like they could both be a good fit. Sounds like a theme cruise in the making...;) :rolleyes:

Eric

Very interesting article. Thanks for posting. Before, I really didn't care which ship we sailed on... I just wanted to be on ANY Oasis class ship. But these proposed changes kind of seal the deal for me. DH and I hate seafood and LOVE Mexican food (and the price is much better!), and I love the idea of a free hotdog stand. That makes the most sense anyway on a boardwalk.

It's not as if any of the changes are incredibly dramatic, but it does help in choosing which ship we'd prefer to sail on just for the fact that the Allure would have more of what we want.

That would seal the deal for me too but I am already booked for this november. oh well.

No they are free...and rather nice I thought...not too sweet after breakfast...or just before lunch...or in the afternoon...to tide me over till dinner :D

Fresh made or brought onboard similar to the donuts on other RCI ships...which are not so good....IM "donut lover" HO...

Cruised on Oasis in February and loved her but thought I probably wouldn't cruise on Allure any time soon. This article with the new tweaks have probably changed my mind. I'll have to start looking at the itinerary now.:)

I can't wait to try out the Dog House. I know Hubby will be a big fan of this. The Rita's Cantina sounds like a fun place too. The Guess boutique is only somewhat innovative. RCI has been selling Guess products in its shops for a while now. I guess now the selection will be bigger. These changes on allure are very exciting. I loved Oasis, but Allure is shaping up to be even better.

WOW! How about 3-D movies at sea! Is RCI the very first to offer that amenity. That is so cool.

I hope there is still a carrousel. I really enjoyed being a kid again on that.

Can't wiat to see the new shows. Allure is looking like more and more fun all the time.

ANybody know for sure? Are we going to Falmouth or aren't we?

I wonder if the iPod dock will work with the iPhone... I know a lot of those things don't work with both items which always puzzles me, it is the same port, isn't it?:confused:

I'm wondering if the iPod dock will allow a guest's iPod to be played through speakers in the stateroom, or if it is just for charging purposes only.

Also wondering if they will rename Park Café if they're moving it up to Boardwalk.

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

I did enjoy the boardwalk atmosphere while on Oasis in December 2009, but I am anxious to experience the revised version on Allure.

Rita's Cantina sounds more to my taste than the Seafood shack, and I love a hot dog now and again, so I look forward to trying the new offerings.

Donut lovers can relax. The donut shop is only being moved,not replaced and Park Cafe isn't moving to Boardwalk, it was referenced only to indicate that Boardwalk needed more free food venues that would serve a purpose similar to what Park Cafe offers in Central Park.

Archived