Traffic Jam

fielddreamer

Porteverglades webcam site states there are 19 in port, is there even room for 19.

If you are talking about that entry in the Tweet feed that had all the ships listed, I think they were combining all the ships in Port everglades, Miami and Port Canaveral which all have webcams with these guys.

There were a total of 8 cruise ships in Port everglades today

Edited by mrell345

When we go on 18th January there are 3 Princess ships alone going out that day. I hope the luggage goes the right way. :eek:

They need to make sure people head to the right ship as well. Yes, traffic is crazy when there are 8 ships in port and if you are driving in on your own, pay attention to the posted Port signs as to where the ships are that day. We cruised out of PE a few years back when there were 3 Princess ships in Port and the Princess reps were constantly reminding you which ship you were waiting for at the pier. It could be very easy to just head to Pier 2 because you think your ship will be there when in fact it's not. Every once in a while there would be an announcement that you were waiting for the Emerald and if you were supposed to be on the Ruby you were at the wrong pier and to see a Princess rep. HAL and RCCL frequently have multiple ships embarking in PE on the same day as well.

Hi-

Can you tell me what website has the Port Everglades webcam? Thanks! - Diana, http://musingaboutcruising.blogspot.com

Here is the webcam for Port Everglades. Notice that you can switch between 3 different cameras. Also, there are links at the bottom for webcams at other ports and a link to the Port Everglades port schedule (for the next week only)

http://portevergladeswebcam.com/

Port Schedule about 1 week out...

https://pevweb01.broward.org/Public/PublicMovements.aspx

When we go on 18th January there are 3 Princess ships alone going out that day. I hope the luggage goes the right way. :eek:

We'll be among that crowd, too. We're getting off the Emerald that day and getting on the Ruby. I hope they're docked near each other because I doubt if we'll find a cab willing to take us a short distance if the walk is too far.

We're on the Crown next week. There will be 7 ships in port and we had planned on returning our rental car at the airport and then taking a cab to the port. Should we take a shuttle instead because of the traffic? Due to the fact that a shuttle is a flat and isn't metered and a cab will run the meter if we get stuck in traffic. What do you all think? :confused:

We're on the Crown next week. There will be 7 ships in port and we had planned on returning our rental car at the airport and then taking a cab to the port. Should we take a shuttle instead because of the traffic? Due to the fact that a shuttle is a flat and isn't metered and a cab will run the meter if we get stuck in traffic. What do you all think? :confused:

Do a drive-by at the port, and see how long the vehicle lines

are for security?

If you follow the Port Everglades webcam site, 8 cruise ships in Port Everglades alone is not at all unusual during the Caribbean cruising "season", especially on weekends. Fortunately, that port seems to be run pretty efficiently, and can generally handle all those thousands of arriving and departing passengers and ships.

If you follow the Port Everglades webcam site, 8 cruise ships in Port Everglades alone is not at all unusual during the Caribbean cruising "season", especially on weekends. Fortunately, that port seems to be run pretty efficiently, and can generally handle all those thousands of arriving and departing passengers and ships.

I agree.

We arrived on The Island along with 10 other ships (one of them being the new Oasis of the Seas) and had no problems at all disembarking and getting a taxi to the airport right away.

Port Everglades is quite efficient.

Mike:)