Beach day in St. Kitts

FraudBroad

There are several options for your beach day in St Kitts. On the upscale side would be Carambola Beach Club on South Friars. They have wifi, food and it is the close (15-20min) to the port. Further out is Cockleshell Beach with several options, Reggae Beach Bar & Grill has food, drinks & wifi. I have missed some other places but the options range from upscale to the beach bar/shack. The schedule for the port shows 3 ships in port that day(2/10/15) so you may want to reserve if possible.

We plan to do a beach day on St. Kitts too.

Here's a link to my webpage I've made from information accumulated on various internet sites: St. Kitts. Be sure to read the comment in red print at the top of the webpage.

As you can see from the link just under the photos, our plan it to go to Carambola Beach Club.

Carambola Beach has become very popular with cruise passengers. I would suggest emailing them to reserve your chairs and an umbrella. We had only 1 ship in port a few months ago and many people were out of luck in getting chairs after we arrived. Some of them walked down to Shipwreck hoping to find chairs.

( dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com )

• 2 weeks later...

The only place that may have an adults only area is at the Marriott. All of the beaches are free & open to anyone. If you are wondering about a topless beach do not worry, that is really frowned upon. Occasionally you may see one or two topless be it is very rare.

Carambola Beach has become very popular with cruise passengers. I would suggest emailing them to reserve your chairs and an umbrella. We had only 1 ship in port a few months ago and many people were out of luck in getting chairs after we arrived. Some of them walked down to Shipwreck hoping to find chairs.

( dsharpe@carambolabeachclub.com )

Hello

Thank you for the information. I have a few questions.

Is this a resort? Do you prepay a resort fee and then pay for the chairs and umbrella? In the email do you tell the woman you are on a cruise ship? How far is this from the port? Thank you

There are several options for your beach day in St Kitts. On the upscale side would be Carambola Beach Club on South Friars. They have wifi, food and it is the close (15-20min) to the port. Further out is Cockleshell Beach with several options, Reggae Beach Bar & Grill has food, drinks & wifi. I have missed some other places but the options range from upscale to the beach bar/shack. The schedule for the port shows 3 ships in port that day(2/10/15) so you may want to reserve if possible.

We are looking for a hotel/resort to lay by their beach or pool for the day. Any suggestions? Thank you

Hello

Thank you for the information. I have a few questions.

Is this a resort? Do you prepay a resort fee and then pay for the chairs and umbrella? In the email do you tell the woman you are on a cruise ship? How far is this from the port? Thank you

It's not a resort but a beach club, you do not prepay any fees. You pay for the loungers and the umbrella when you arrive, $10 each. I would tell them you will be on a cruise ship and the date and time you will arrive at Carambola. I believe they will only hold the loungers and umbrella for a certain length of time for you as they always sell out of the loungers and umbrellas. It is a 15 min. taxi ride from the port, don't remember the cost of the taxi as many people in that taxi went to Carambola which brings the taxi price down pp. I would take a guess, maybe $5 pp one way to Carambola.

Thank you. I was asking because I have 2 DD's (10 & 6) at the time we sail and wanted to confirm that they can go. As far as a topless beach, what ever. We will be going to Orient Beach. They may see more of a show there.:eek:

The only place that may have an adults only area is at the Marriott. All of the beaches are free & open to anyone. If you are wondering about a topless beach do not worry, that is really frowned upon. Occasionally you may see one or two topless be it is very rare.

We plan to do a beach day on St. Kitts too.

Here's a link to my webpage I've made from information accumulated on various internet sites: St. Kitts. Be sure to read the comment in red print at the top of the webpage.

As you can see from the link just under the photos, our plan it to go to Carambola Beach Club.

WOW, Candydane that is quite impressive. Have you done one of those compilations for each one of your stops. Would love to see them if you wouldn't mind providing the links.

Yes I have. The names across the top of my St. Kitts webpage are all links to other webpages about our cruise, including our ports. Just click on the name to access the linked webpage.

Again, all my webpages have the warning in red print about how accurate/current the information is. Of course that's true for just about all internet sites -- great for preplanning or research but always need to be verified if it's important.

• 3 weeks later...

silly question but if carambola is out out of loungers, is there anything stopping a person from just lying on a beach blanket?

Yes, that would be my worst nightmare for a beach day in the islands or any beach for that matter, but we would have the ships towels with us afterall lol

I just emailed them to reserve stuff for our port day hope they say they will reserve for us

and yes, we would get there asap after debark

thanks in advance for all replies

I do not want to open other tread about same subject :o

Need advice please. What beach should we visit ? Our ship there from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. We love rustic beaches with less people and no pushy vendors , but we have 7 years old with us so we will need a washroom, and nice and calm water ,and no rocks to enter in it. Carambola sounds nice any other suggestions ? Also how much a cab ride will be and how easy to find cab to go back ?

silly question but if carambola is out out of loungers, is there anything stopping a person from just lying on a beach blanket?

Yes, that would be my worst nightmare for a beach day in the islands or any beach for that matter, but we would have the ships towels with us afterall lol

I just emailed them to reserve stuff for our port day hope they say they will reserve for us

and yes, we would get there asap after debark

thanks in advance for all replies

If out of chairs, you'll be able to to put your towels on the beach with no problems.

I do not want to open other tread about same subject :o

Need advice please. What beach should we visit ? Our ship there from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. We love rustic beaches with less people and no pushy vendors , but we have 7 years old with us so we will need a washroom, and nice and calm water ,and no rocks to enter in it. Carambola sounds nice any other suggestions ? Also how much a cab ride will be and how easy to find cab to go back ?

IMO, Carambola is not rustic but more of an upscale beach. Taxi cost approx. $5 pp. to Carambola from the ship and about a 15 min. ride. Many cruise passengers go to Carambola so there's plenty of taxi drivers in the lobby of the restaurant to take them back to the pier, no need to worry about taxis. It's a very lovely beach that has good food, drinks and service. The washrooms are very clean, the water is calm and you do not need water shoes at Carambola. I think the only vendor we saw was someone selling aloe massages, no other vendors. Beach chairs and umbrellas are $10 each.

IMO, Carambola is not rustic but more of an upscale beach. Taxi cost approx. $5 pp. to Carambola from the ship and about a 15 min. ride. Many cruise passengers go to Carambola so there's plenty of taxi drivers in the lobby of the restaurant to take them back to the pier, no need to worry about taxis. It's a very lovely beach that has good food, drinks and service. The washrooms are very clean, the water is calm and you do not need water shoes at Carambola. I think the only vendor we saw was someone selling aloe massages, no other vendors. Beach chairs and umbrellas are $10 each.

Thank you , if we will not go with Clay villa tour we will go to this beach .