Ecstasy has an accident? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

lelalenore

We are leaving on the Ecstasy in 8 days... a member of our roll call just posted the she heard it was in 'a wreck'.

Any news of a mishap on yesterday's voyage? I know they were late headin out and had trouble getting turned around... please tell me nothing else happened! :eek:

We are leaving on the Ecstasy in 8 days... a member of our roll call just posted the she heard it was in 'a wreck'.

Any news of a mishap on yesterday's voyage? I know they were late headin out and had trouble getting turned around... please tell me nothing else happened! :eek:

From what I read, it hit the gangway when turning around in the harbor. The gangway will be out of commission for a bit.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=3eb2f9001776211c

btw, we are leaving Saturday. :D

The one thing I found interesting is the last few paragraphs talking about how things are still tense about the pay hold out suit.

Wonder if this is them getting there money from Carnival 1 crash at a time..

the All-State guy would love this. lol I joke evryone I joke!;):D:rolleyes:

From what I read, it hit the gangway when turning around in the harbor. The gangway will be out of commission for a bit.

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=3eb2f9001776211c

btw, we are leaving Saturday. :D

That wasnt the last cruise, that was on my cruise, where it was a total mess debarking... changed at last minute.

If thats all it is OP, they know about it and can plan to debark and disembark on deck 3 and np.

I was watching the webcam when it backed into the pier. It just kept backing up, then as it bumped you could see the smoke come out of the smoke stack as he gunned it forward. I captured a screen shot but can't post it.

Might be the reason the ship has pulled in with rear facing webcam on the last couple sailing. When I returned on 1-18 we sailed past terminal and turned around before we pulled back up to the terminal

They "kissed" the gangway turning around in front of the terminal the cruise before last. Rather than turning around in front of the terminal on Monday, they sailed up the harbor a little and turned around in the wider basin as the Voyager does every week at departure. No big deal, the ship is fine and you'll board on deck 3 until the gangway is fixed.

ANOTHER Carnival accident? That is 5 in 6 months....what the hell is going on?

As much as I would like to make fun of the captain, isn't it the harbor master that actually docks the ship at a port?

The Master is always in full control of the vessel during docking and departure. The pilot is there to advise the bridge officers on weather, currents, tides, traffic, etc.

The only place that I'm aware of that the Master must turn over full navigational control of the ship is in the Panama Canal.

From the article-

"Capt. Wally Hogan, president of the association, said pilots performed their duties and were not responsible for the accident.

Ecstasy’s captain was in control of the vessel, Hogan said."

That means Ecstasy and Conquest will use the lower pier-level for embarkation and debarkation until the Empress deck level gangway is repaired. It also means you will go up and down inside the building to get on the ship. We had to do that last August because they were painting the outside and were not using deck 7 gangway. The only other problem is getting an elevator as that many people are beging squeezed thru that one hole. Oh well, it gives us all something else to talk about, eh?

Archived