Can we have breakfast on the ship the last day?

wannago35

My co-cruisers have long drives back home (we're staying in Charleston one more day) & want to make sure they don't get kicked off the boat before breakfast :-) We're on the empress level and from what I've read they have to get off first, but we would rather wait for breakfast too.

Do we absolutely have to get off before breakfast, or can we eat first?

My co-cruisers have long drives back home (we're staying in Charleston one more day) & want to make sure they don't get kicked off the boat before breakfast :-) We're on the empress level and from what I've read they have to get off first, but we would rather wait for breakfast too.

Eat to your hearts desire! :D

By all means, have a good hearty breakfast before you leave the ship. One last time to take as much bacon as you can!!! I do want to tell you that you should be prepared to be up early in the morning so you can have that breakfast. I would think 630 or 7am is about right, but I try to be up by 530am so I can watch the sail into the port.....it makes for a painfully long day for me (530am Eastern time is 330am Mountain time) as I generally don't get home until around 11-12pm Eastern time (9-10pm Mountain).

If you have a chance, check out the MDR at least once for breakfast....

No cruise line will kick you off without even a decent breakfast.

They do want you as a return customer, you know...

I have never left a ship without having breakfast

and would imagine there are very very few people who've ever done so

although it may have happened(voluntarily) to folks who had very early flights to catch

or some extenuating circumstance like that.

God knows I've even had Lunch on board some Last Days

and even Dinner too! ;)

Our special charter on Caribbean Princess disembarked our lower decks

at around 9:15 p.m. that night, so I had breakfast, lunch and dinner on board!

There's something to be said for booking lower decks.

You get off last, so your cruise lasts longer, you don't have to rush off the ship.

Take your time and have your breakfast!

- it's the most important meal of the day!

You do not have to get off when your number is called. We always wait until last call, usually around 10:00 am

You do not have to get off when your number is called.

We always wait until last call, usually around 10:00 am ===> My wife won't let me do this!

When the halls are so empty they're echoing

and they're repeatedly calling you by name, on the public address system

then you know your cruise is done -and it's time to go.. :D

When the halls are so empty they're echoing

and they're repeatedly calling you by name, on the public address system

then you know your cruise is done -and it's time to go.. :D

I wonder if they'd buy it if I said I just needed 40 winks, if they found me hiding in a broom closet or service cart.

You do not have to get off when your number is called. We always wait until last call, usually around 10:00 am

Exactly what I was going to tell you. You don't have to disembark when your number/color is called. You can leave the ship anytime AFTER that happens. Go and have a leisurely breakfast in the dining room, then leave the ship. They WILL, however, ask you to vacate your cabin by a certain time. We usually ask our room steward if we can leave our "stuff" in the closet, and out of his/her way until after breakfast. Ordinarily, that's no problem. :cool:

"SKY"

I wonder if they'd buy it if I said I just needed 40 winks,

if they found me hiding in a broom closet or service cart.

"You must be out of your cabin by 0830 hrs." they said.

We stayed in there watching TV comfortably until at least 0930 or so

keeping an eye on our cabin steward as he slowly made his way down the hall

preparing cabin after cabin for the next bunch of passengers

-who they tell "Your cabin won't be ready until 2:30 p.m."

What is THAT all about??

By Last Day, we were on a first-name-basis with the guy, and he was cool.

We didn't want to be in his way.

During that time, we even did a bit of a cabin crawl, on our deck..

since they were all vacated and left wide open, anyway

checking out various configurations of cabins to see what we'd missed

this is great information! i was of the impression that you got kicked off at the butt crack of dawn w/nary a bite to eat (and was trying to figure out where to go to b'fast in NYC on a thursday in july... now i know: main dining room!!!)

THANKS!!

We always eat in the MDR the last morning. We leave our luggage in the room (we usually to self debark) and enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast in the MDR before we leave. It is sometime between the croissant and the eggs that I start to get really depressed when I realize that my vacation is about to end. :(

Of Course you can eat! I have been on 4 cruises, always on the Empress deck. We always have a large group too. No problems

We always have a leisurely breakfast, and are usually one of the last folks off the ship.

We figure we have a long drive back to Tampa and we're in no rush to leave paradise!

Sweeeet! _________ You have the right approach.

It beats this hurry-up-and-wait stuff that collects in public areas

Disembarkation-478.jpg

Disembarkation wait -on Deck 5 Carnival Victory

We've for the most part always scheduled things around so we can ALWAYS enjoy a nice sitdown breakfast on the last day. :D

We always have a leisurely breakfast, and are usually one of the last folks off the ship. We figure we have a long drive back to Tampa and we're in no rush to leave paradise!

We also are among the last off the ship. Nothing better than to hear the CD say, "Will the last 40 of you PLEASE get off the ship!":D

Favorite place on the Paradise (pun intended, Susan;)) is to watch the maddening crowd waiting on the Empress deck.

Room service will deliver the last day in Long Beach and San Diego. Maybe it depends on the ship/port?

Sweeeet! _________ You have the right approach.

It beats this hurry-up-and-wait stuff that collects in public areas

Disembarkation-478.jpg

Disembarkation wait -on Deck 5 Carnival Victory

What are all those people doing in my living room?

Feeling just a little possessive of one of my favorite places to be. Most anywhere on board. :D

Archived