Seeking info about a power lift chair/recliner

Irish1010

We hope to take an Alaskan cruise this June on the Regatta, one of Oceania's smaller ships. We're attempting to get permission from Oceania to have Care Vacations provide a recliner/lift chair which my mother needs to use instead of sleeping in a bed. We are currently caught between the two agencies.. Oceania insists it must have the dimensions of the chair; Care Vacations insists the chair will fit through the stateroom door...it comes apart in two pieces, but the agent I spoke with did not have the measurements of the chair.

Has anyone had experience that might break this I,passé?

I finally received the info. I needed from Care Vacations. Now the ball is in Oceania's court. It sounds like IF Oceania will permit the Care Vacations agents to deliver and set up the chair, we're a 'GO'! Still hoping the Oceania folks will find a way to help us put this together. They've been pretty prompt about getting back to us. Fingers crossed!

We rented a lift chair recliner from care vacations

We did have a handicapped stateroom on Ncl so the door was no issue

However these chairs do come apart and we fit one through a very narrow door in our former basement

You should be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does any line offer a recliner on board?

you can rent a recliner? Wish it had occurred to me to check. There was not a single chair on the Brilliance that had enough neck and head support for me, along with comfortable angle. I had to keep going back to the room to lie in the bed to give my neck a break.

I do remember finding one on Crown Princess, the one time we foolish end skipped getting a handicapped room. I think on Celebrity we had a comfortable chair though not recliner in the room.

• 2 weeks later...

I googled chair rentals. The rental recliner chairs I saw are in two parts and put together in your room. I also found older threads with folks discussing a "zero gravity lounge chair" which not only comes in the $2000 version I knew about but a $39.99 and up folding outdoor chair people bring as luggage, cover with pillows or foam pad, and sleep in them instead of the bed.

Just go to amazon and search All departments, zero gravity chair. Yay for ingenuity. Or Ingenue-ity, which is when a cruise makes you feel young again.

I did get a reply from Oceaia's housekeeping folks, and we are approved for the lift chair from Care Vacations! They will remove one of the beds for us since my mother will sleep in the chair, so a little extra moving-around space is a bonus!

• 1 year later...
What do they charge for chair?

If memory serves, we paid about $230 for a week long cruise round trip from Seattle. The chair was in the room when we arrived...and so was the bed! It had been left in the short entryway to our room, so we contacted housekeeping. They came promptly and removed one of the beds and arranged the chair in its place. Great service on all fronts!