Specific Snorkeling Advice Needed!

kaycee73

My honey and I were in Grand Turk 3 years ago and had a great time snorkeling right there at the beach near the port. We saw squid and all kinds of tropical fish and were really happy with our experience. This time we're coming back with our kids (15 & 11) and our main goal is snorkeling. Will they see significantly more stuff if we do an excursion, or should we stick to the beach we snorkeled last time? We thought it was cool, but would it be even cool-ER if we went to another beach??? Any thoughts you can give me would be really appreciated. Thanks!!

You must book the Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure. We did it in 2013 and it was the best excursion we've ever done! The guides took us to two drop points. The first was about in water about 15 feet deep. Lots of sea life and even nurse sharks that our 8 year old got to pet. The second drop point was where the ocean floor dropped to 7,000 feet deep. A place called "the wall". The coral wall was breathtaking and you could see layer upon layer of tropical fish as far as the sunlight reached. Our family of five still talks about it today.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You must book the Ultimate Snorkeling Adventure. We did it in 2013 and it was the best excursion we've ever done! The guides took us to two drop points. The first was about in water about 15 feet deep. Lots of sea life and even nurse sharks that our 8 year old got to pet. The second drop point was where the ocean floor dropped to 7,000 feet deep. A place called "the wall". The coral wall was breathtaking and you could see layer upon layer of tropical fish as far as the sunlight reached. Our family of five still talks about it today.

Is this through the cruise line or independent? If independent, do you have contact details?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

We usually use an independent company, but this excursion was through carnival.

Thank you!!! I think I've talked everyone into doing this.

Great! I would love to hear about it when you return!

My husband was wanting to know how long are you actually in the water? The excursion says something like 2.5 hours and we are wondering how much time is in the water and how much time is traveling. Thanks for your help!!

did you have time to hang out at the beach afterwards?

Does anyone know if there are there any independent tours similar to this?

There are two independent dive operators on Grand Turk who offer snorkeling tours: Blue Water Divers (www.grandturkscuba.com) and Grand Turk Divers (www.gtdiving.com). You can also view additional information about Grand Turk activities on TripAdvisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147396-Activities-Grand_Turk_Turks_and_Caicos.html

There are two independent dive operators on Grand Turk who offer snorkeling tours: Blue Water Divers (www.grandturkscuba.com) and Grand Turk Divers (www.gtdiving.com). You can also view additional information about Grand Turk activities on TripAdvisor here: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g147396-Activities-Grand_Turk_Turks_and_Caicos.html

I went thru Blue Water Divers on 3 visits to Grand Turk. they take you to 2 nice places to snorkel. Saw all sorts of fish, 2 sharks (nurse sharks), squid and the water temp was wonderful. they have a nice dive shop.. the best on the island, In My Opinion.

My husband was wanting to know how long are you actually in the water? The excursion says something like 2.5 hours and we are wondering how much time is in the water and how much time is traveling. Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums

I don't remember the boat rides as being long. The crew was great and super friendly. We walked the beach and enjoyed the pool at Margaritaville afterwards.

• 3 months later...
Thank you!!! I think I've talked everyone into doing this.

Was curious if you have went on this excursion yet and what you thought of it. I'm torn right now between booking a snorkel excursion or just snorkeling from the beach.