Want to see Meridia and Dzibilchaltún - best way?

jenfco

Hello All, thank you for any insight you may lend. My family of 3 would like to see Dzibilchaltún, and also walk around Meridia while on our port stop of Progreso. Has anyone does the bus tour through Autoprogreso? I get the impression one does not get to really walk around Meridia. I also contacted Lawrence tours, but they wanted $169pp (wow!). Is our best option to hire a taxi to Dzibilchaltún, let them leave, then hire another taxi to Meridia, then another back to port? Or rent a car for the day? Or hire a taxi for the day? Does anyone know the cost for a taxi or rental car?

Thanks so much.

We were just there. You can catch a cab in town for around 50 pesos for short trips.

We must have got cheated but we thought $80.00 ($20.00) was a good deal for 6 hours and over a hundred miles plus waiting for us at the sites, dining, and shopping.

Edited by Purvis1231
typo

We must have got cheated but we thought $80.00 ($20.00) was a good deal for 6 hours and over a hundred miles plus waiting for us at the sites, dining, and shopping.

yes that was a good deal. I meant once you are in Merida from Progreso by bus you can jump around merida for $5