Weight Watchers Point System anyone?

cruising mickey

Hello,

Does anyone want to join me doing the Weight Watchers point system? I'm looking to lose 21 pounds by October 2013 (target cruise date). Let me know so that we can loose together.

Thanks.:cool:

Count me in!!We cruise the WesternCarreibean January 12th. I want to lose to look good but realy I need to lose for health reason also.

:(

Count me in!!We cruise the WesternCarreibean January 12th. I want to lose to look good but realy I need to lose for health reason also.

:(

Not that I need much, but I can use all the inspiration I can get. I usually weigh in at home on Saturday mornings. I have a menu (based on WW points) that goes from Saturday-Friday. I hate getting weighed more than once a week because I don't want to get discouraged.

I would love to join the Weight Watchers Support Group. My goal is to lose 40-50 pounds by my January 29th sailing. I'm only on day 4 but so far so good. One day at a time, right?

Does anyone want a buddy to check in with on a daily basis and possibly email each other? I weigh in once a week on Wednesdays at my house and try to work out 4 to 5 times a week. I could really use the support and encouragement and we can help each other!!! :)

I love the new pro points, started it in Jan and it took awhile to get used to :)

I am at goal now but I am determined to stay there now , spent the last 20 years yoyoing up and down 20 pounds, I am looking forward to hearing how you get on everyone!

Count me in too!! I usually weigh in at home on Wednesdays also. I have also started several times. I need to stick to it this time, I have a cruise on Oct. 30th, one month from today. I also have one booked for Dec. 18th, if that doesn't motivate me I don't know what will. I know I won't be where I want to be by Oct. 30th but I am hoping to be down 8-10 lbs.

I seem to have a harder time with the new points system, I'm not sure why. I am gonna really stick to it this time, hopefully we can all motivate each other here!

Connie

I'm doing the new WW pointsplus system. I started last week and according to my scale am down 6 lbs so far. I hope to lose 20lb total by this coming cruise November 2011. The new points system is almost too much food. I don't eat as much fruit as they say I can as it's too much. OP I am sure you will lose that weight in just a few months, long before 10/13. Not sure if that was a typo you had in there. :)

I used to do the regular points plan. Do you really get unlimited fruit with points plus? I could eat fruit ALL DAY so it seems like it could backfire for me.

Yes unlimited but yeah its only hurting yourself if you gorge on that stuff. I eat maybe half banana a day. I can barely eat the 29 points a day so have been hitting 23 or 24. I'm sure I can get to 29 if I load butter on stuff but I'd rather not. I was on the HSG diet the week before WW and lost 12 lb in one week. Crazy but worked! The thing is I felt like I was starving to death. LOL Eating twice daily with only 3 oz of meat and veggies was not good for me. I went right to WW and started it up. So far in two weeks between both diets I am down 18 lbs. I guess that is why I think WW is a lot to eat. After eating nothing for a week straight I feel like I'm at a buffet! LOL

Wow, 6 lbs that is great! I guess part of my problem is not eating enough fruit and veggies, I have to work on that!

I bought the Jillian Michaels whey protein and just tried it this morning, boy it really has kept me full. I had a scoop with 1 cup of skim milk (4 pts) and some berries around 9:30, it is now 1:15 and I still don't feel hungry!! I think I will have another one and a salad soon. This might really help me.

Connie

My usual menu is a Slimfast for breakfast. I love those things and even had them when not on a diet. Lunch is usually a sandwich made with those Pepperidge Farm deli flats and FF ham and honey mustard. Only 3 points for the whole sandwich. I bought the WW BBQ chips so have those also. Dill pickle on side. That is 5 points for the whole lunch. Today I skipped the sandwich and sides and instead roasted a butternut squash. I sprinkled a tbs of brown sugar on it, 1 pt, and sprayed with olive oil, 1 pt. I ate maybe a cup of it and was full and it was delicious! There is another 2 cups left so I could in reality divide those 2 pt total by 3 for 3 servings but I just used a full point for lunch. I am at 6 pts so far today and will probably have a crabcake for dinner and fresh asparagus. Haven't figured out the pts yet on it but wont be over 6 or 7 I bet. I need to add some snacks in somewhere to get my points up too. We should really share our ideas for tasty yet low point meals here. I'd love to hear what everyone else is eating. :)

Hello,

Got weighed for the first time over the weekend. I'm at 171 and have set up a tier schedule for myself.

6 lbs - honorable mention

11 lbs - bronze medal

16 lbs - silver medal

21 lbs - gold medal

The hardest for me is, that after I loose the weight, to maintain the weight no matter how hard I try.

Next weigh in should be interesting.:eek:

Alrighty, I'm in! Just put final payment on Dec 12th cruise. Was very successful with new WW points system in early summer until job stuff happened and was totally derailed. Giving it another try. 70 days and counting. Here's to praying (and working hard)! Goal is, well, irrelevant as WW taught me something very valuable...5 pounds at a time. Five pounds to go...

Had my weigh-in tonight. Down .02. At least it's a loss. Hopefully next time will be more! I wish I was motivated or talented enough to figure my menus for the week. There is a girl at our meetings that does that. She is doing great.

Cruising Mickie-I like your chart!!!!! Good Luck everyone!

Debbie

Sw 185.8

Cw 175.6

Gw 137

I bought one at Publix and one at Walmart. With 1 scoop and 1 cup of skim milk it is 4 points. With a piece of fruit it really filled me up. I like the taste, but when I tried it with water to cut down on points it was terrible. I don't drink much milk so it is good for me to have it. My kids have even been drinking it once in awhile.

Connie