Let's talk balconies: Dream/Magic: 8S vs 8M vs 8* vs 7C.

xerenthar

hey friends. i'm back.

my last experience was in a 4A, and it's about time to upgrade.

we've got (prices are all-in for two people combined):

7C: Cove Balcony - Deck 2/Main - not entirely thrilled about being down at 2 to watch sailaways etc. - for $X.

8*: Regular Balcony series, from 8A to 8G. Generally, I'm thinking 8C/8D. I don't want to be on the Lido (loud), Vista (under the Lido, chairs), or on Panorama (children.) - costs $X+220.

8S: Spa balcony. Kind of awesome for being up on deck 12. I'd like to hear some reviews on these especially. What are the views like? I'm not really thinking the free yoga class matters, although I'm sure I'll check out the thalasso pool. - costs $X+270.

and finally

8M: The much revered Aft-Extended Balcony. Are these all they've been cracked up to be? Please opine. Costs $X+670.

in summation, come talk with me about these options, your experiences, your hatreds, your loves, and any psychological issues you may have.

love and cupcakes,

your friend,

xerenthar

Sailed on the Dream in a Lido deck balcony , it was a good room and balcony , but I felt it was lacking , we looked out and no matter how hard we tried to look past the Lanai below , it was still there .

So I would say the cove balcony , friends had them and they loved them , no Lanai to RUIN your view .

We're in a balcony on the Panorama deck on the Magic in Oct-- what's the matter with it? Is it close to the kids club or something? I am confused what you mean by children... we want a nice, relaxing cruise, not one filled with screaming kids.:eek:

hey friends. i'm back.

8*: Regular Balcony series, from 8A to 8G. Generally, I'm thinking 8C/8D. I don't want to be on the Lido (loud), Vista (under the Lido, chairs), or on Panorama (children.) - costs $X+220.

my other ship was the Conquest, no Lanai to speak of. i tried to see a youtube video of the lacking view from the balconies, but i couldn't find one. do you have a picture of what you mean by ruined your view?

i definitely get that unless you're way way way at the top, you're going to be able to be seen by the other balconies above you, and the coves are in under the lifeboats. can other cove balconies see you?

i should have put cabin numbers. here are the cabins open currently of each selection:

7C/COVE: 2441, 2435, 2417, 2415, 2414, 2412, 2408, 2404, 2273, 2248

8C/REGULAR:8441, 8440, 8434, 8240, 8237, 8204, 8202, 7425, 7423, 7423

8D/REGULAR: 8439, 8435, 8432, 8427

8S/SPA: 12002, 12003, 12004, 12005, 12007, 12011, 12031

8M/EXTENDED AFT: 6476, 6474, 6472, 7463, 7462

EDIT:

We're in a balcony on the Panorama deck on the Magic in Oct-- what's the matter with it? Is it close to the kids club or something? I am confused what you mean by children... we want a nice, relaxing cruise, not one filled with screaming kids.:eek:

it's on the same floor as camp carnival. http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/ships/carnival_dream/deckplan.aspx

The lanai hot tubs stick out over the edge of the ship, so if you have a balcony above them, you are looking into the hot tubs. They can also see into the balconys on the next deck above them Iv been told.

RCL put their cantilevered hot tubs up high, but Carnival stuck them on the promenade deck to block the view of balconys. bad design.

We had an 8D cabin right above a hottub. The only time it got in our way was when we looked directly down. When sitting in a chair on the balcony all we saw was water - the lanai and hottub didn't come into play at all. We heard no noise from the hottub - it closed at 10pm - sometimes at 8 pm.

Im going on the Vista Deck midship balcony room 9283 on the dream , it doesnt have pool above it....There are rooms above and below this part of the ship..If you look at the deck plans not all the Vista is bad....and its gonna be one flight of steps up to the lido deck...

We stayed in a Spa Balcony on the Dream. Room 12201 was on the end. No one to the left of us. Very quiet. The hot tubs were 7 decks below us so not a problem and Serenity deck was 2 above us. Spa directly above us

We had a door outside our cabin that lead straight to the Spa. Also Spa room balcony rooms have 2 bathrooms. One with a shower and toilet. The other had a tub but no toilet. Comes in handy with 2 people getting ready.

Archived