San Diego Need Help...

andersonsrus

We are doing a pre and Post San Diego stay.

We are staying at the Best Western Bayside.

The following we will be stopping at.

Hard Rock Cafe 801 4th Ave

Del Sol 2448-A San Diego Blvd

Del Sol 803 East harbo Drive

Ruth Chris 1355 North Harbor Drive

Filippi's Pizza 1747 India Street

Anthony Fish Grotto 1360 North harbor Drive.

From our hotel how far are these? Do we nned to take a cab to all of them. Any help would be appreciated.

Google Maps is your friend. Distances from your Hotel

To Hard Rock -- 1 mile -- cab or walk, your choice.

To Del Sol in Old Town -- 3.3 miles -- trolley or cab

To Del Sol in Seaport Village -- 1.5 miles -- trolley, cab or walk

To Ruth's Chris -- .3 miles -- easy walk

To Filippis -- .2 miles -- easy walk

To Anthony's -- .3 miles -- easy walk

This is none of my business, but do you always plan your restaurants and souvenir shopping so thoroughly? Hard Rock and Ruth's Chris are both good places, but they're no different than in any other city; and both Del Sol shops will have the same stuff.

The rest. came highly rec . The shopping.. hard Rock and Del Sol we stop at every port ever since we have been cruising. As far as Del Sol goes we alway go to as many location they have in a city. They will vary from store to store styles and sizes. We found this more true in Nassau and St. Thomas.

We always plan out trips very thoughly

I'm a "planner" like you. I am just more comfortable this way. Ruth Chris is VERY good but V E R Y expensive. Just be prepared. Anthony's is really great and right across the street from your hotel.

The rest. came highly rec . The shopping.. hard Rock and Del Sol we stop at every port ever since we have been cruising. As far as Del Sol goes we alway go to as many location they have in a city. They will vary from store to store styles and sizes. We found this more true in Nassau and St. Thomas.

We always plan out trips very thoughly

Did you know there are two Hard Rock's in San Diego? The other one is at 909 Prospect St. Also, another steak house that is even better than Ruth's Chris (and just as expensive) is Rainwater's on Kettner. I hope you enjoy your trip!

You can ask the desk at the Bayside and if the Shuttle Driver doesn't have a run to make to/from the airport or pier, he might be willing to drop you and pick you up later at some of the places you wish to go. They do have 2 mini-vans that they use for shuttles.

Have stayed there twice already pre-cruise and doing it again this October, especially since they have a Stay, Cruise & Park rate, my car stays in their garage and their shuttle take me to and from the pier ...... so much nicer then trying to deal with parking at the pier, and in doing the math, cheaper too.

The Hard Rock on Prospect is actually in La Jolla (part of San Diego) but it is over 15 miles from downtown to get there, so you need a car if you want to visit that one too.

I think it is a shame to come to San Diego an only go to restaurant chains that you can go to anyplace in the country, but I guess different strokes....I agree that Rainwater's is a much better steakhouse (and less expensive too, but not less elegant) than Ruth Chris.

Skip Ruth Chris. It's a very forgettable restaurant. You can do much better at Morton's or Rainwater's. There's a new steak house called "The Gaslamp Strip Club". I haven't been there yet but I've heard it's very good. I also like Greystone Steakhouse in the Gaslamp. Try to get one of the booths along the edge of the restaurant. They are a little more private than the more busy tables in the middle. It's an expensive restaurant but has awesome service. Plus you can walk down the street to the Ghiradelli Chocolate store for a great hot fudge sundae for dessert! That is, assuming you actually have room for it. :)

There's a new steak house called "The Gaslamp Strip Club". I haven't been there yet but I've heard it's very good. I also like Greystone Steakhouse in the Gaslamp.

The Strip Club is o.k. It's a "cook it yourself" place. They bring you the raw meat and you take it over to one of several grills and cook it however you like. If I'm going out for dinner, I'd rather have a professional do the cooking for me. The Strip Club allows adults over 21 only.

I haven't tried Greystone, but it sounds good. I'll give it a try next time.

Archived