Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > Ports of Call > Europe > Mediterranean - Eastern & Western > Spain Ports

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

Spain Ports Barcelona, Ibiza, Mallorca, Seville

Old October 7th, 2009, 08:03 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Le Meridian Barcelona is it 5*?

Just booked Le Meridian Barcelona on Priceline and wondered if anyone has been able to check in early at this hotel,were they accomodating and if you were pleased with your stay there. I read mostly favorable reviews on TripAdvisor but then there were folks who really disliked it.We're there pre and post cruise,1day on each end. Just looking for input from cc. Tryed to search and got no results.

Old October 7th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

It's been at least ten years since we stayed there, but we were very pleased.

The central location on the Ramblas is terrific. We were concerned that it would be very noisy, but the hotel has double windows to insure peace and quiet.

Lots of good coffee shops very near in case you don't want a large breakfast.

Hope you get a more recent review!

Old October 12th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks so much for your input, maybe someone else will put in their 2cents!

Old October 12th, 2009, 06:19 PM
Charter Member - 5,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by att View Post
Thanks so much for your input, maybe someone else will put in their 2cents!
You might try looking at TripAdvisor. They have extensive
reviews
5/14/11, 2/12 to 2/23~2014
Mercury 3/20/04, 5/19/06, 3/18/07,
10/12/07 & 10/15/07, 9/14/08, 9/6/09
HAL Zuiderdam 9/11/04
Constellation 12/11/04
Summit 10/10/05, 1/16/10, 5/16/10, 2/5/11,
11/10/12, 8/4/13
Zenith 2/6/06, 4/13/06
Millennium 12/17/06, 1/14/12
Galaxy 3/7/08....the BIG 50 Cruise,
1/9/09
Solstice 11/14/08..Pre-Inaugural, 9/5/10
Infinity 12/3/08
Equinox 11/19/09. 5/11/12
Eclipse 11/17/10, 11/12/11
Reflection, 3nights, 12/5/12, 11/8/14
Silhouette, 4/7/13
Enchantment with FL Friends, 9/13
----------------------------------

Upcoming...Solstice to Alaska, 5/15

Old October 12th, 2009, 07:47 PM
5,000+ Club

We stayed there Dec. 07 and thought it was really nice (and they were renovating at the time )

The location can't be beat. Quiet and serene inside while "Las Ramblas is jumping on the outside". I loved the dimmers on all the lights in the room...... the bed was perhaps the best hotel bed I have ever slept on - and I have stayed in many 5* resorts (Bellagio, One and Only Ocean Club, Ritz Carltons etc etc....)

We stayed post cruise - so disembarked around 9:45ish and went straight to the hotel....where they checked us right in. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

So far: 10 cruises - 5 Royal Caribbean, 3 Celebrity, 1 Princess & 1 Holland America

Life is short ..forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably... and never regret anything that made you smile

Ad Sponsored By
Old October 19th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Good info

Thanks all. Is anyone from 11/08 NCL Gem sailing staying at Le Meridien? I have emailed them about 4days ago about early check in and a king rm request and no reply yet. Should I email again or call, or give it more time?Keep the input coming!!

Old October 19th, 2009, 08:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

We stayed there pre- Brilliance of the Seas in late September. Great location - we took the airport bus for 5E and it let us off just a couple of blocks away.

I am a Gold Member of Starwood and they didn't offer the extras that I normally receive. In fact, we were given a smoking room when we had requested non-smoking. So had to go back to the front desk and start over. The front desk is not the most friendly or accomodating. I had also read a manager's note on TripAdvisor that they were offering a shuttle to the cruise ships, but when I asked I was offered a blank look and a taxi

Our room was small, no view and lots of noisy people in the hallways at night. So no, I wouldn't classify as 5*. It met our needs, but wouldn't have wanted to pay the rates quoted.

Old October 20th, 2009, 03:22 AM
Cool Cruiser

Le Meridian - 3+ stars American standards. Stay at Hotel 1898 across the street for a real experience.

Old October 20th, 2009, 11:08 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Oh well

Well, glad its adequate but sorry to hear of the poor experiences. Maybe thats why they haven't returned my email. Since we did Priceline, we're stuck with our reservations. I did pay only $163 for the rm so hope its worth that much!!

Old October 20th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Cool Cruiser

Quote:
Well, glad its adequate but sorry to hear of the poor experiences. Maybe thats why they haven't returned my email. Since we did Priceline, we're stuck with our reservations. I did pay only $163 for the rm so hope its worth that much!!
That price would work for me - I think you're ok unless you can get a similar price across the street at the 1898.

Old October 20th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Also staying at Le Meridien

Hi ATT,

My wife and I are also staying at Le Meridien on Sat. Nov 7 before boarding the Gem on Sunday. I e-mailed yesterday after reading your post and received a reply this morning. Monica Garcia responded to me. Her address is Monica.Garcia@lemeridien.com maybe give that a try if you do not get a reply.

Good Luck
Mike

Old October 21st, 2009, 07:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks for the email address

Mike
many thanks, I've already typed the email! I don't know why they haven't replied but I'm hoping for better luck now.
Have you joined the rollcall for our cruise? There is a meet and greet already at close to 40 people. Judy and Gary

Old October 21st, 2009, 07:05 PM
Cool Cruiser

Sorry Mike see you on the roll call meet and greet. Judy

Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:04 PM
5,000+ Club

Whoa, that is a very very good price. We paid alot more for our one night there.
We did not find any of the problems of the above poster. I will have to say the front desk was not overly friendly - but not rude either. More European reserved Our room was quiet- albeit no view. No problem with noisy hallway either.

So far: 10 cruises - 5 Royal Caribbean, 3 Celebrity, 1 Princess & 1 Holland America

Life is short ..forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably... and never regret anything that made you smile

Old October 27th, 2009, 11:28 AM
Cool Cruiser

Thanks everybody
Mike I did get a response from Monica. We were requesting an earlier check in, although she can't promise it I'm hoping that just the contact will put us in the front of the line.

Old October 27th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Stay across the street at Hotel 1898

1898 is beautiful, and we loved it!

Old November 1st, 2009, 09:42 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Aerobus near Le Meridien?

Lvg in less than a wk. Is LeMerdien near enough to the Aero bus stop (from airport) that I've read about on the boards. I think its near to Placa Cataluyna? Can we walk w/luggage - there are 4 of us, better to just take a taxi?

Old November 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Voyager November 15

I agree that is a great price, I am using airmiles but it is based on a room rate of $219USD per night. Is anyone else on Voyager staying at this hotel? We are staying there November 14 and November 22 for pre and post cruise one night stays so we get a chance to check out Barcelona.

Old November 1st, 2009, 03:26 PM
Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Quote:
Lvg in less than a wk. Is LeMerdien near enough to the Aero bus stop (from airport) that I've read about on the boards. I think its near to Placa Cataluyna? Can we walk w/luggage - there are 4 of us, better to just take a taxi?
Very close to Placa Catalunya - within a couple short blocks. Would be easier to walk from Placa than take a taxi, the way the roads work and traffic. We usually taxi from the airport directly to the hotel, but this time may take the bus, depending on how much luggage we have.

BTW, we have stayed at this hotel 4 times already and have another stay coming next month - have never had any problems there. It's a great location, and the rooms are very nice. I love the quirky "experience" that they have there - the rainforest sounds in the elevator that change depending on time of day, and the evening ceremony in the lobby - it's fun. Excellent (but pricey) white sangria in the bar, and nice bartenders! The breakfast is expensive for what you get - better off eating down the street.

Robin

NCL Jewel - Family Alaska Adventure - May 2014 (Garden Villa)
NCL Gem - 9 Nights in Paradise - Mar 2014 (DOS +OV for daughter)
NCL Breakaway - Two Night Getaway for Two - Jan 2014 (Aft Penthouse)
NCL Breakaway - Brand new Ship with Hubby and Daughter! - May 2013 (Two Bedroom Haven Suite)
NCL Sun - Russia and the Baltic Sea With the Whole Family - May/June 2012 (Owner's Suite and Aft Penthouse for six)
NCL Epic - Eastern Caribbean Relaxing for Two - February 2012 (Two Bedroom Haven Villa S4)
NCL Jade - Croatia, Greece and Turkey with my MIL from Venice May 2011 - (Courtyard Family Villa A3/S4)
NCL Jewel - Shortened Florida, no Nassau, from NYC for Two December 2010 (Courtyard Family Villa A3)
NCL Jewel Bahamas and Florida from NYC with SIL July 2010 (Owner's Suite AA)
NCL Jade Egypt and Med Holiday with the Whole Family 2009-2010 (Garden Villa!)
NCL Dawn Two Nighter Quick Getaway for Two May 2009 (Aft Romance Suite AD)
NCL Jade Canary Islands & Morocco Adventure with Hubby March 2009 (Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite AB)
NCL Sun Alaska Relaxing for Two July 2008 (Aft Penthouse Suite AC)
NCL Pearl Southern Caribbean with the Whole Family March 2008 (Owner's, Penthouse, and Balcony all connected! AA, AC, BB)
NCL Sun Western Caribbean Christmas with the Family December 2007 (Owner's Suite AA and connected Mini)
NCL Dawn Two Nighter Quick Getaway for Two October 2007 (Aft Balcony Cabin BA)
NCL Jewel Mediterranean with my BFF August 2007 (Penthouse Suite AC)
NCL Pearl Western Caribbean with Daughter and Friend February 2007 (Two Bedroom Penthouse Suite AB)
Olympia Greek Islands 2003, Celebrity Galaxy Alaska 1999?, Dolphin Islandbreeze Cntrl/South Amer 1998?, Carnival Ecstasy Bahamas 1995?
The Big Red Boat - too many years ago!

Last edited by Fishbait17; November 1st, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Old November 1st, 2009, 07:44 PM
Cool Cruiser

Default Thanks

Many thanks to all the responders, I knew we'd get the best input. We're looking forward to it. The $163 was thru the bidding feature of Priceline. I love a bargain!! I'll be sure to post some of my own observations when we return.