Main dining room unlimited food?

Someone had mentioned that you can order as many plates of whatever is offered as you want. This is a secret cruising tip according to them. Any truth to this? I have a hard time believing I can order like 3 lobster tails.....

My husband and I ALWAYS get extra lobster. And last time he ordered two lobsters AND spaghetti carbonara. It's a cruise perk! ;)

On a previous cruise, we shared a table with three other couples. After dinner, when the waiter came to take our dessert orders, no one could decide on which dessert each of us wanted. No problem! He brought one of everything, and split it up eight ways. That way, we each got to sample all of the desserts. In a way, it reminded me of Thanksgiving dinner. Everybody was stuffed!:)

Someone had mentioned that you can order as many plates of whatever is offered as you want. This is a secret cruising tip according to them. Any truth to this? I have a hard time believing I can order like 3 lobster tails.....

Its true. We had a dude order over 9 lobster tails next to us lol. I was embarrassed for him. He was a HUGE dude so I wasnt surprised he could put that many away and still have room for 4 melting cakes.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy

It is true. So you can order something new and adventurous or you know you will like so you have a backup.

And it's not a secret. It's well known you can do that. :)

It's not a secret anymore. The waiters themselves suggest bringing extra dishes. Once my wife couldn't stomach a particular dish she tried and our attentive waitress noticed it (bless her), recommended an alternative and replaced the dish.

Lobster night, the chefs, waiters and indeed all of Carnival knows that guests will order more.

Only one caveat though; no matter how many you request, they will bring individual plates. Meaning each plate has two tails (IIRC) and you can only order in multiples of the plates, not individual servings.

The chefs are instructed to prepare each dish according to the master chef's layout and they don't deviate from that.

Now, I don't know what they would do if you order 9!

The most I have tried is 2 plates.

I would order 2 appetizers & 2 entrees most nights. Some entrees are not that big (serving size) or filing.

Edited by hirent

Yeah-- you wont get them all at once.

But it makes it easier for the runner to get all your portions at the same time

But be aware that when you order an entree-- you get whatever it comes with- so ordering 3 lobster you get the shrimp that comes with it

Yup, just as long as it's on the menu.

During our first cruise, 3-day to Nassau on the Mardi Gras, there was a man a couple of tables over who ordered lobster. There was no lobster on the menu. Not that night, not any night on that particular cruise. But, he WANTED LOBSTER, at the top of his lungs. According to him he could have anything he wanted. He had been told this by his TA and, dammit, HE WANTED LOBSTER!

Now, that he and his wife appeared to be straight out of central casting for an 80's mobster movie made it really pretty funny, except, of course, for his abuse of the entire staff over the lack of his being able to have lobster at will. (we were subsequently extremely nice to our shared wait staff, basically apologizing for the behavior of people we didn't even know..)

Not really sure what he expected. Helicopter it in just for him? Lobster traps trawling behind the ship?

One year we asked our waiter what the most lobster tails he had ever brought to a single passenger was. He said the previous month he brought SEVENTEEN lobster tails to the same passenger!

So yup, if you so desire, you can truly order as much as you could ever want, and thensome.

It's 100% true. You can stuff yourself like a pig.

And then come here and complain about how bad it was.

I, like that venerable groundhog in Pennsylvania, rarely appear, but I am posting in this thread because the quoted post made me chuckle.

I have seen people boast they have had 25 lobster tails.