Carnival Gift Card - 10% Bonus Offer

Email from Carnival informs me that if I buy a Carnival gift card I will get a bonus gift card worth 10% of the amount. I came here expecting to see a healthy debate about the merits of the offer but didn't see anything.

Happy to hear what people think!

http://www.carnivalgiftcards.com/?cid=Em_PR_06052014_F&F_5979

Buy a Carnival gift card valued at $200 or more and you'll get another one for yourself, valued at 10% of the original card. (Yes, you can buy more than one!) Our gift cards can be used on almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise, or redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks and fun. Offer Valid thru June 16th...

I was all excited about it and was going to make a purchase for use on my 2015 cruise but check out the details regarding timing. The plastic card (the main gift card) expires 12/31/14 and the promotional gift card (10 percent) expires 12 months from the purchase date. So that negates use on 2015 cruises. In addition, the gift cards cannot be refunded so if you had to cancel the cruise, you would be out of luck. So timing is certainly a consideration.

Hey fellow CC cruisers, we just received an e-mail promo from Carnival for a Father's Day gift card promotion. Basically, you can buy a gift card for $200 or more and receive an additional card with 10% of the value you spent on the gift card. So, I'm thinking of buying one for $500 and I would get a $50 additional card. Has anyone ever used this promo and did you have any problems using it as a payment for your sign and sail account?

I was all excited about it and was going to make a purchase for use on my 2015 cruise but check out the details regarding timing. The plastic card (the main gift card) expires 12/31/14 and the promotional gift card (10 percent) expires 12 months from the purchase date. So that negates use on 2015 cruises. In addition, the gift cards cannot be refunded so if you had to cancel the cruise, you would be out of luck. So timing is certainly a consideration.

I believe it says the standard gift card has no expiration date, while the promotional card expires 12/31/2014 if in plastic card form, or 1 year from purchase if in digital email form, so up to 6/16/2015.

I believe it says the standard gift card has no expiration date, while the promotional card expires 12/31/2014 if in plastic card form, or 1 year from purchase if in digital email form, so up to 6/16/2015.

That's how I'm reading it, too. I hope the main GC is considered a Standard GC and the 10% GC is promotional.

Q: Can I receive a refund on funds I have placed in my Carnival Gift Card?

A:No, Gift Cards are not refundable or redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Gift Cards are redeemable for cruise reservation or onboard spending only, and there is no cash back.

Looks like you wouldn't lose if you had to cancel your cruise. Really no different than returning merchandise.

Hey fellow CC cruisers, we just received an e-mail promo from Carnival for a Father's Day gift card promotion. Basically, you can buy a gift card for $200 or more and receive an additional card with 10% of the value you spent on the gift card. So, I'm thinking of buying one for $500 and I would get a $50 additional card. Has anyone ever used this promo and did you have any problems using it as a payment for your sign and sail account?

A friend of mine bought a couple last year and applied them to their sign & sail account before the end of the cruise. No problem.

Other than the plastic Promotional card expiring at the end of this year or, one year from the date an E-mail or digital gift card is issued, don't see any issues. We've used numerous gift cards in plastic and email format added to our sign and sail accounts with no issue.

Thanks for the quick responses! I think we will do it. We have already paid for our cruise but it would be great to use for sign and sail account. Even at $500, it will pay our gratuties, shore excursions and maybe a few drinks. The $50 I will get for buying the gift card sort of reimburses me for the FTTF I bought. I also have 40,000 in Carnival CC points to spend, so I guess, all in all it's a $100 investment to get $450 for free. Sweet! :D

Other than the plastic Promotional card expiring at the end of this year or, one year from the date an E-mail or digital gift card is issued, don't see any issues. We've used numerous gift cards in plastic and email format added to our sign and sail accounts with no issue.

hmmm... we don't cruise until April, so if the promotional card expired at the end of the year it wouldn't work for us. Going to have to investigate before I buy....

"Standard Gift Cards have no expiration date. Promotional Gift Cards, offered by Carnival Cruise Lines, may carry an expiration date which will be printed on the front of the Gift Card. " per their website

So, use the promotional card towards the cruise now, and keep the standard card as OBC.

"Standard Gift Cards have no expiration date. Promotional Gift Cards, offered by Carnival Cruise Lines, may carry an expiration date which will be printed on the front of the Gift Card. " per their website

So, use the promotional card towards the cruise now, and keep the standard card as OBC.

Well, the way I read the FAQ's..if you got the promotional card as an e-card or email or however they call it, you have 1 year to use that before it expires. So next April could maybe still work.

Does anyone know if you can use obc to buy the card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thats a curious question. You mean to buy one to then gift to someone as a gift or something? They do sell the gift cards onboard at ships with the Cherry on Top shops or at Formalities.